Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Issues? 2017.36 1b27c6d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else been experiencing Bluetooth and other audio problems with the most recent firmware update?

My wife and I own an S and an X - experiencing same very frustrating problems in both vehicles. Bluetooth connectivity to phone is intermittent, volume is low, Nav voice comes back on even though it has been previously muted. Extremely frustrating. Have called in several times, Tesla says they haven't heard any other concerns and to just wait for the next update. We just can't understand how we are experiencing the same exact problem in two different Tesla vehicles with two different phones.

We've owned Tesla vehicles since 2014 and this is unlike anything we have ever experienced. Not happy.

Reactions: benjiejr
Not audio problems but garage door opening problems. Sometimes the homelink opens the door and sometimes it closes the door. But not always. I went to the dealer yesterday and service said they have seen a lot of these complaints. They replaced the sending units on some cars but it didn't fix the problem. They think it was the last firmware update and said I needed to wait for a fix.

Reactions: benjiejr
I'm experiencing both of the above on this firmware (bluetooth/audio and garage door issues). Also, not sure if it's just coincidence, but I also noticed that my driver side rear air suspension was riding lower than the rest of the car. I rebooted and adjusted to very high then low several times and it seems to have re-calibrated slightly, but still not perfect. I did some tests and it doesn't appear the air is leaking as it holds the incorrect height. I'm hoping this is also a firmware issue.

Has anyone else been experiencing Bluetooth and other audio problems with the most recent firmware update?

My wife and I own an S and an X - experiencing same very frustrating problems in both vehicles. Bluetooth connectivity to phone is intermittent, volume is low, Nav voice comes back on even though it has been previously muted. Extremely frustrating. Have called in several times, Tesla says they haven't heard any other concerns and to just wait for the next update. We just can't understand how we are experiencing the same exact problem in two different Tesla vehicles with two different phones.

We've owned Tesla vehicles since 2014 and this is unlike anything we have ever experienced. Not happy.
Yep, Tesla QA/QC sucks with the constant bugs that are being injected into the firmwares.

This was being discussed in another thread. I have both, really annoying. It seems you can't raise the volume while on a call, or it'll mute the call (intermittently?) and then turn the nav volume back on and mute the radio volume.

How does this *sugar* get past QA?

• Love
Reactions: croman
Not audio problems but garage door opening problems. Sometimes the homelink opens the door and sometimes it closes the door. But not always. I went to the dealer yesterday and service said they have seen a lot of these complaints. They replaced the sending units on some cars but it didn't fix the problem. They think it was the last firmware update and said I needed to wait for a fix.

This started for me in 8.1 ... all variants.

Since 2017.36 1b27c6d:

1) For each drive, first Bluetooth phone call, the person on the other end can't hear me. Subsequent calls OK.
2) Hanging up phone unmutes Nav.
3) Streaming music stays muted after each phone call. Must switch to Radio or USB then back to get streaming music back.
4) Homelink range seems shorter and less reliable.

Tried resetting dash, no change.

Reactions: JohnnyG and KyleDay
Since 2017.36 1b27c6d:

1) For each drive, first Bluetooth phone call, the person on the other end can't hear me. Subsequent calls OK.
2) Hanging up phone unmutes Nav.
3) Streaming music stays muted after each phone call. Must switch to Radio or USB then back to get streaming music back.
4) Homelink range seems shorter and less reliable.

Tried resetting dash, no change.
Yes to all o_O... But autopilot is working great :D

I sent [email protected] an email explaining the problem...
Since upgrading to Firmware 2017.36, I have had two consistent issues which I have read others are having also.
For each drive, the first Bluetooth phone call I try to make, the other party can not hear me. After each phone call, streaming music can not be heard, even though it is playing and the volume is up. I have to switch to the Radio, which corrects the problem, and then I can go back to listening to streaming music.

And here is their ridiculous reply...
We have seen that Bluetooth can need a re-pair after a firmware update has been pushed. To do this you can follow these steps.
1. Remove the phone from your vehicle’s Bluetooth devices.
2. Remove the vehicle from your phone’s Bluetooth devices.
3. Reboot the screen by pressing and holding the scroll wheels on the steering wheel until you see the Tesla symbol appear.
4. Re-pair the Bluetooth using the vehicle to set it up.

I've left my garage door open twice now.. with about 40k of bikes + power tools ready for the taking, because the close button fires twice, and it closes the door just far enough that my auto closer timer doesn't actuate. Driving me bonkers!

I've left my garage door open twice now.. with about 40k of bikes + power tools ready for the taking, because the close button fires twice, and it closes the door just far enough that my auto closer timer doesn't actuate. Driving me bonkers!
!!!^^THIS^^!!!

I've done the same due to the same. I didn't originally put it in my email to Support, as I thought I had an issue with my opener. Reading about more people having this issue, makes me think another email is due...

Why wouldn't you wait the 5 seconds and see that it closed? o_O
Habit... Trust... Trust formed by habit... Some would call it a habitual trust... :D

It's the same with AutoPark into or out of my garage... For the first 400 times, I watched it like a hawk! It always performed flawlessly. After that, I grew complacent, accepting that it would perform the same as it had the previous few hundred times. For the next 400 times, I checked on it after it finished, and again grew more complacent, due to it's success. Sure as hell though, a firmware finally came out that broke it, and I neither watched it, nor checked on it. The next morning, after letting it AutoPark in the garage, I came out to find it sideways in my garage, touching a stack of boxes, and the garage door up. Sure, I'm the dumb-dumb... but for an understandable reason maybe? :oops:

• Funny
Reactions: Turing
Ditto. A reboot fixes the problem for me but it recurs - sometimes.