TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Firmware Issues? 2017.36 1b27c6d

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JVM, Oct 11, 2017.

1. JVM

JVM New Member

Has anyone else been experiencing Bluetooth and other audio problems with the most recent firmware update?

My wife and I own an S and an X - experiencing same very frustrating problems in both vehicles. Bluetooth connectivity to phone is intermittent, volume is low, Nav voice comes back on even though it has been previously muted. Extremely frustrating. Have called in several times, Tesla says they haven't heard any other concerns and to just wait for the next update. We just can't understand how we are experiencing the same exact problem in two different Tesla vehicles with two different phones.

We've owned Tesla vehicles since 2014 and this is unlike anything we have ever experienced. Not happy.

• Like x 1
  2. grouch 50

grouch 50 New Member

Not audio problems but garage door opening problems. Sometimes the homelink opens the door and sometimes it closes the door. But not always. I went to the dealer yesterday and service said they have seen a lot of these complaints. They replaced the sending units on some cars but it didn't fix the problem. They think it was the last firmware update and said I needed to wait for a fix.

• Like x 1
  3. benjiejr

benjiejr Technogeekextraordinaire

I'm experiencing both of the above on this firmware (bluetooth/audio and garage door issues). Also, not sure if it's just coincidence, but I also noticed that my driver side rear air suspension was riding lower than the rest of the car. I rebooted and adjusted to very high then low several times and it seems to have re-calibrated slightly, but still not perfect. I did some tests and it doesn't appear the air is leaking as it holds the incorrect height. I'm hoping this is also a firmware issue.

4. Max*

Max* Banned

Yep, Tesla QA/QC sucks with the constant bugs that are being injected into the firmwares.

This was being discussed in another thread. I have both, really annoying. It seems you can't raise the volume while on a call, or it'll mute the call (intermittently?) and then turn the nav volume back on and mute the radio volume.

How does this *sugar* get past QA?

• Love x 1
  5. croman

croman Active Member

@Max* - its nice you think they do QA before hitting PUSH. Its like cars being built at the factory (insufficient QC). 90% have something wrong but why not just send the car to the owner and let them do the QA for Tesla? Its not like the Service Centers are busy or anything.

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  6. steve841

steve841 Active Member

This started for me in 8.1 ... all variants.

7. Rbcnr

Rbcnr Member

After the last update I noticed two things:
    1. First phone call with Bluetooth on, the person on the other line can't hear me.

2. I always keep navi muted. Now it unmutes every car ride.

Annoying bugs. I reported them, we all should...and maybe they'll do something about it.

• Like x 2
  8. kdday

kdday Member

Same here

• Like x 1
  9. AirKuhl

AirKuhl Member

Since 2017.36 1b27c6d:

1) For each drive, first Bluetooth phone call, the person on the other end can't hear me. Subsequent calls OK.
    2) Hanging up phone unmutes Nav.
    3) Streaming music stays muted after each phone call. Must switch to Radio or USB then back to get streaming music back.
    4) Homelink range seems shorter and less reliable.

Tried resetting dash, no change.

• Like x 2
  10. GWord

GWord Member

Same bugs and more that everyone else listed. I have reported them via email and also by phone.

11. Solartech

Solartech Member

Yes there is def some issue/error on the communication bus. Weird stuff going on lately. Side mirrors, audio, bluetooth... all acting up.

Drive ability still awesome.

12. BlueRocket

BlueRocket S90D HW2

Yes to all o_O... But autopilot is working great :D

13. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

Ditto. Very annoying.

14. GregKo

GregKo Member

Yes. bluetooth phone issues on the FW.

15. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

I sent [email protected] an email explaining the problem...
    And here is their ridiculous reply...

16. rolson1011

rolson1011 2016 P90DL, Model 3 on reservation

I've left my garage door open twice now.. with about 40k of bikes + power tools ready for the taking, because the close button fires twice, and it closes the door just far enough that my auto closer timer doesn't actuate. Driving me bonkers!

17. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

Why wouldn't you wait the 5 seconds and see that it closed? o_O

18. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

!!!^^THIS^^!!!

I've done the same due to the same. I didn't originally put it in my email to Support, as I thought I had an issue with my opener. Reading about more people having this issue, makes me think another email is due...

19. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Habit... Trust... Trust formed by habit... Some would call it a habitual trust... :D

It's the same with AutoPark into or out of my garage... For the first 400 times, I watched it like a hawk! It always performed flawlessly. After that, I grew complacent, accepting that it would perform the same as it had the previous few hundred times. For the next 400 times, I checked on it after it finished, and again grew more complacent, due to it's success. Sure as hell though, a firmware finally came out that broke it, and I neither watched it, nor checked on it. The next morning, after letting it AutoPark in the garage, I came out to find it sideways in my garage, touching a stack of boxes, and the garage door up. Sure, I'm the dumb-dumb... but for an understandable reason maybe? :oops:

• Funny x 1
  20. McLiz

McLiz New Member

Ditto. A reboot fixes the problem for me but it recurs - sometimes.