Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware not coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi guys,

I park my car in an underground garage, the car has really bad reception there, only 3 bars in Edge and internet barely works.

I left yesterday my car in the airport for 1,5 days with LTE connection and good reception. But no software update come.

Im stuck in the old v8, 2.40.21 .

My car wont get any update. Even leaving the car outside as proved yesterday.

I once saw a message of an update failure. That was the closest i have been to an update.

My question is, is there any way to speed up or to mark the car to download software?

sometimes i share my phone internet but the car still doesn't update.

hi guys,

I park my car in an underground garage, the car has really bad reception there, only 3 bars in Edge and internet barely works.

I left yesterday my car in the airport for 1,5 days with LTE connection and good reception. But no software update come.

I once saw a message of an update failure. That was the closest i have been to an update.

My question is, is there any way to speed up or to mark the car to download software?

Just be patient. Minor updates typically don't go to everyone.

hi guys,

Many if not most cars are still on 2.40.xx. Just be patient.

well whatever Tesla uploads.
I like to have always the latest software. Im also a developer so i want to be in the latest always.

I do that with my iphone, ipad, mac and apple TV. Why not with the car too?

Because unlike Apple and iThings, Tesla doesn't release every software update to all cars; they might be meaningful only to certain hardware configurations. There's also been evidence that Tesla does some testing by incremental deployment and/or A/B testing by pushing out updates to only a fraction of the cars.

It's frequently the case that the changes between software releases have no user-visible impact, at least as far as speculation on TMC goes...the release notes from Tesla leave something to be desired for those of us who crave technical details. So you might not be able to tell the difference anyway.

(BTW, I'm a software engineer but that doesn't mean I want to live on the bleeding edge all of the time. Maybe having once been a system/network administrator has something to do with it.)

Summary: Be patient. :)

Bruce.

PS. Technically ev-fw.com doesn't count the number of cars on each firmware revision, but the number of cars where the owners have reported receiving a given firmware version (i.e. cars will show up as receiving multiple updates over their lifetimes).

Because unlike Apple and iThings, Tesla doesn't release every software update to all cars; they might be meaningful only to certain hardware configurations. There's also been evidence that Tesla does some testing by incremental deployment and/or A/B testing by pushing out updates to only a fraction of the cars.

It's frequently the case that the changes between software releases have no user-visible impact, at least as far as speculation on TMC goes...the release notes from Tesla leave something to be desired for those of us who crave technical details. So you might not be able to tell the difference anyway.

(BTW, I'm a software engineer but that doesn't mean I want to live on the bleeding edge all of the time. Maybe having once been a system/network administrator has something to do with it.)

Summary: Be patient. :)

Bruce.

PS. Technically ev-fw.com doesn't count the number of cars on each firmware revision, but the number of cars where the owners have reported receiving a given firmware version (i.e. cars will show up as receiving multiple updates over their lifetimes).

I get that, but for example the "media love" is a UI update. Still i don't have it.
I saw once a message saying "update failed" so it means it was pushed to my car, but now i never seen that coming again.

I wish there was a button to "check for updates".

I know about the website, it is based on user reports.

I get that, but for example the "media love" is a UI update. Still i don't have it.
I saw once a message saying "update failed" so it means it was pushed to my car, but now i never seen that coming again.

Maybe you can try calling or emailing Tesla support? If I were you I'd mention the "update failed" message. Also, if the "media love" update is meaningful to you (it would be for me) I'd mention that as one of the reasons you want that update.

Good luck!

Bruce.

So Tesla sent me an email today "your software is quite old and could be updated, wanna come to the service center to update?"
This was more or less a follow up to a feedback email i sent them about the automatic emergency breaking and false positives.

Reactions: bmah