Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, new firmware out:

Software version 2018.12 5eadc71 was just detected on a Tesla Model S 75D with Autopilot 1 hardware. The highest previous version was 2018.11.3 7ae26b4. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

Would that be the new navigation perhaps?

I got the update about 2 1/2 hours ago. Just warning, it takes longer to load than most updates. They normally take about 1/2 hour over wifi, but with this one the car was still down an hour later. I called Tesla support concerned the update had failed. The guy I talked to said he got 2018.12 early as an employee. He said the big thing in this is a major update to AP, both AP1 and AP2. He said he had AP1 and the update was a big improvement.

I haven't driven anywhere yet (it's 3 AM here), but I'll be out on the highway tomorrow.

I guess I'm one of the first customers to get it. I was the first one on the firmware tracker website.

Not sure if the no reporting of location of the car is a good or bad omen o_O

Capture.JPG

I got the update about 2 1/2 hours ago. Just warning, it takes longer to load than most updates. They normally take about 1/2 hour over wifi, but with this one the car was still down an hour later. I called Tesla support concerned the update had failed. The guy I talked to said he got 2018.12 early as an employee. He said the big thing in this is a major update to AP, both AP1 and AP2. He said he had AP1 and the update was a big improvement.

I haven't driven anywhere yet (it's 3 AM here), but I'll be out on the highway tomorrow.

I guess I'm one of the first customers to get it. I was the first one on the firmware tracker website.

Interesting that they are saying AP1 has improved. I find that hard to believe, but hopefully! It would be pretty amazing if Tesla are now using Tesla Vision on the AP1 camera instead, but i doubt that is the case.

New maps?

They normally take about 1/2 hour over wifi

Just to note, once the update option is available, it has already downloaded so the fact you are on wifi makes no difference.

Can’t wait for changelog from ya!

Interesting that they are saying AP1 has improved. I find that hard to believe, but hopefully! It would be pretty amazing if Tesla are now using Tesla Vision on the AP1 camera instead, but i doubt that is the case.
AP1 has been getting substantial improvements since 6.1 which was the first update I saw ap1 and ap2 start to change drastically. Ap1 on 6.1 jumped ahead of ap2, then 10.4 came out and ap2 caught up, but ap1 still has fewer disengagements. Can’t wat to see what this new update brings.

Love to see if it does better on wide lanes, perhaps some intelligence as to which side (left, right, middle) it hugs!
Ditto - I am very pleased with the changes to AP in 10.4, but the wide lane handling leaves a bit to desire. From the perspective of a person joining the highway from the on-ramp it might appear we are a jerk trying to block the whole width of the lane, just in case they decide to join and immediately overtake us ;)

Reactions: SNMD and Sather