Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 2018.12 after SC appointment today. AP worked well in rain in the night, but I don't see a big diff from 2018.10
On my IC display, cars tend to be render to the left of their position (like 50% out of lane) when far but then snaps back to their real position as it gets closer. Been seeing this starting on 2018.10 and still the same way 2018.12

MCU-1 still seems slow as usual, no difference in maps.

Could this be the Music System fixed they promised? God I hope so. My Slacker is all but useless these days.... Anyone know if this addresses the notorious "Loading Error" problem?

It looks like some changes may have happened to TuneIn. Some podcasts which wouldn't play at all now play. Oddly, it's only some episodes which work...for example, the latest (March 29th) episode of "Stuff You Should Know" now works, where this podcast hadn't worked at all for some time. Earlier episodes of the same podcast don't work though.

No changes I can see for Slacker, sorry. It hasn't had very bad bugs for me (other than always repeating songs from the start)

Got 2018.12 this noon

I see no differences on AP

MCU is slow as usual,

Slow LTE speed (also not great LTE signal on Model S) contribute to slow amp fresh anyways...

MCU2 appears have much better LTE signal and 5G WiFi

Waiting for vector to be enabled
I gave your post an informative because I'm sick of people only giving thumbs up or helpful when they like the report. I don't want to hear that it's still crappy but if it is, it is. Thanks.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Got my copy last night (seems to be a new habit, get it about 48 hours after it comes out, too late for me to see it!), and it took 45 minutes to load on top of 10.4. Seems like that is the new minimum, if it's really doing 'delta' code, with all the processing it has to do to swap partitions, etc.

Haven't had a chance to try it out, we will do so this weekend for sure to see if there's any change in, say, wide lane behavior, which is the one thing I'm waiting for.

It looks like some changes may have happened to TuneIn. Some podcasts which wouldn't play at all now play. Oddly, it's only some episodes which work...for example, the latest (March 29th) episode of "Stuff You Should Know" now works, where this podcast hadn't worked at all for some time. Earlier episodes of the same podcast don't work though.

No changes I can see for Slacker, sorry. It hasn't had very bad bugs for me (other than always repeating songs from the start)

TuneIn has only worked about 10% of the time for me. I'm at the point where I just never bother trying because I can never find anything that works. Always loading errors or just doesn't play. So if there's improvement here that would be great!

TuneIn has only worked about 10% of the time for me. I'm at the point where I just never bother trying because I can never find anything that works. Always loading errors or just doesn't play. So if there's improvement here that would be great!
Strange, I'e never had issues with anything except Tesla Tidbits, and that temporary issue also fixed itself a week or so ago. Wonder why it's so variable...

Strange, I'e never had issues with anything except Tesla Tidbits, and that temporary issue also fixed itself a week or so ago. Wonder why it's so variable...

Well, the obvious choice would be cellular network signal strength and/or bandwidth limitations in the different locations the cars are going through.

Remember, it's a streaming internet service so you only get a good result if the server and every node between it and the car delivers correctly.

Last edited:
Well, the obvious choice would be cellular network signal strength and/or bandwidth limitations in the different locations the cars are going through.

Remember, it's a streaming internet service so you only get a good result if the server and every node between it and the car delivers correctly.
Yeah, when I'm testing, it's usually on wifi, because I was trying to see what was different about TT vs. other titles. That broke and fixed itself and no one knows why (D.J. has no idea).

I dont think this is the case.

The Rachel Maddow show fails for me regardless of if i am using LTE or sitting in my garage on wifi. Interestingly, if you go into the full episode list, there are some visible from back in November which does actually play

• Informative
Reactions: psgabin