Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update 2018.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Software Update notification last night at 23:43 and installed it this morning (2018.12 5eadc71). It took 35' for the installation.
I will go for a ride today for testing (60 km Highway drive).
IMG_0476.jpeg

Got the Software Update notification last night at 23:43 and installed it this morning (2018.12 5eadc71). It took 35' for the installation.
I will go for a ride today for testing (60 km Highway drive).
View attachment 291386

Can you let us know if you also get the nav update after you have 2018.12 installed? I heard that only NA cars are receiving it for now. I'm curious at what point it will start popping up for European cars too.

I have a silly question:

Do I understand correctly that the 2018.12 update can/will be pushed over LTE, whereas the new maps will require a wifi connection?

last time I downloaded the new maps I had to resort to a 4G hotspot because I do hot have any WiFi in my garage but excellent LTE (80Mibits download and 25 Mbits upload).

In any event, I find it strange that in the era of unlimited LTE data (in most of Europe: in Switzerland it is almost impossible to have a cellular data plan which is not unlimited) one has to resort to WiFi to download 5 Gb of maps.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
Just got this this morning. noticed the following:
- The push notice to my android notifying me of the update was blank with no text.
- No new maps initially after update

My S is on WiFi in the garage but was not plugged in during thew update. I just plugged her in and we'll see if anything changes.

Can you let us know if you also get the nav update after you have 2018.12 installed? I heard that only NA cars are receiving it for now. I'm curious at what point it will start popping up for European cars too.

No nav update (IC maps) up to now and the MCU is still using Google maps.

But a new behavior for me this morning when driving in Basel city.
The camera is recognizing stationary objets (like cars parked on the street side).

IMG_0480.jpeg

• Helpful
Anybody else have scheduled charging issues on 2018.12?

I got the update to 2018.12 5eadc71 last night on my AP2.5 MX100D. I drove my wife to work this morning, and when I returned home and plugged the car it, it wanted to start to charge immediately. I went into the charging menu, and disabled/enabled scheduled charging, and it had no impact -- the car still wanted to charge immediately. This isn't a huge deal for me. We don't have time based rates, but I do like to charge when most of the grid power is coming from clean nukes rather than coal or gas plants..

I'm going to try rebooting the MCU and/or IC and see if that helps..

EDIT: Yes, rebooting helped. I rebooted both, so I'm not sure which one fixed it..

Last edited: