Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received 2018.14.2 yesterday and the map update this morning. One thing I've noticed though is while on AP my speed is capped at 5 mph over the speed limit even on major divided roads where previously it was not. It is not capped on interstates. I'm not in favor of this new behavior. :( Anyone else notice this?
It’s already been mentioned in this thread..

Received 2018.14.2 earlier today, now I have a message "Navigation System Needs Service, Maps Are Not Loaded"

Anyone else seeing this?
15240925340705945161328496375308.jpg

Also this:
15240926308209112598813057364362.jpg

I've had the 14.2 update since Tuesday, and had significant issues with my MCU since install. System has required scroll wheel reboots very often, and is usually powered down on entering the car. Very slow to boot, big headache, despite settings to not power down and stay connected.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
This problem came after sw update couple of months ago. Sudden braking in "weird places". It's worked perfectly since we got AP.

This isn't the worst example ether. I can't use AP1 with people behind me. Without having a foot on the pedal.

And that annoying MAX 10kmt over the speed limit poop? Can't follow traffic in the morning..

All this is very annoying and dangerous.
And with this newest update! It started to stay way below the speed limit to!
Not all the time! Not the same places.
So I got a car, that's starting brake testing trucks and staying below the speed limit. My car has turned into a buttH!
They need to fix this soon!

The only changes I noticed with the 2018.14.2 that installed on Tuesday are:
  • Browser displays previously unloadable pages like www.singletrackworld.com
  • Occasional ‘phantom braking’*
  • More cautious lane changes**
*it might just be that the sun shone yesterday. I had several instances of autopilot braking with no traffic in radar range. There were overpasses causing dark and well-defined shadows on the motorway though. Not experienced this since picking the car up in February.

**last week lane changing was flawless and amazingly smooth. After this update, the car seems very cautious. It leaves a large gap when it has passed vehicles before moving lanes. And yet it started pulling out onto a fast moving car when I’d signalled early to move out into that lane. I’d anticipated that car would have passed by the time any movement happpened. I cancelled the move and all was fine. Though I’ve experienced autopilot’s evasive action when it’s detected a car seemingly moving into the destination lane. It moves...boldly.

Maybe these * items are merely correlated with this recent update for me and not caused by it. I’ve only done 3,500 miles so my experience is limited.

Installed 2018.14.2 a88808e on UK 2016 S75D from 10.4 this morning. Now passive entry doesn't work! Really annoying, have to use the key (first world problem I know) to unlock every time. Release notes say it can be turned back on but option is completely 'greyed' out. Anyone else have this problem or know how to enable it? i.e. perhaps something else has to be done / enabled/disabled elsewhere first. Have rebooted both IC and MCU, no change.
IMAG0530.jpg IMAG0529.jpg
Did notice however that google is now in English instead of Dutch at last! No matter what you changed previously searches returned in Dutch even with manual URL adjustment and settings changes, I believe this was due to how the SIM card was registered or routed in the UK.

Attachments

• IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 122
As far as I know you can only change that setting when the key is detected and you are not in valet mode. Just double unlock the car while you are inside. Ensure car is in park as well.

Thanks @SeBsZ, you and this forum rocks! That solution didn't quite work but gave me a different thought process to try a few things not related to just the settings menu to fix. Here's what I did:

1. Tried the suggestion - no go.
2. Locked and unlocked from inside the car with key in cup holder - no go.
3. Unplugged from charger and retried 2 - no go.
4. Put car in drive with screen in settings menu, drove a foot forward, passive entry setting became 'blue' and could be changed. Set to on, acknowledged security warning and tested - works a treat!

:)

Set to on

Are you are aware of the 7 or so recent Tesla thefts in and around London in the last few months as a direct result of a weakness in passive entry that allows relay attacks?

For me, given the choice of passive entry on and having to remember to put the key in an RF shield every night, or leaving passive entry off and having to click the remote on approach to the car, I went for the latter. There is also the "it's insured and the probability is still relatively low" approach, but I could do without that hassle too!

• Helpful
Reactions: MelaniainLA
This problem came after sw update couple of months ago. Sudden braking in "weird places". It's worked perfectly since we got AP.

This isn't the worst example ether. I can't use AP1 with people behind me. Without having a foot on the pedal.

And that annoying MAX 10kmt over the speed limit poop? Can't follow traffic in the morning..

All this is very annoying and dangerous.
And with this newest update! It started to stay way below the speed limit to!
Not all the time! Not the same places.
So I got a car, that's starting brake testing trucks and staying below the speed limit. My car has turned into a buttH!
They need to fix this soon!

I get the braking on AP1, sudden warning of impending collision with nothing and a couple times engaging AP and it immediately slows down for no reason.