Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2018.14.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got 2018.14.2 last night (service center push, ap2.0, mcu1, coming from 2018.10.4).

It's amazing how much more responsive the center screen is! Everything seems much more snappy. I'll pass on the mcu2 hw upgrade, this is good enough!

I had a loaner car with mcu2 and the new maps, I'm looking forward to getting the maps/nav update on my car. Thankfully, I have good WiFi in my garage.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
Not sure if this is a common thing, but two of our cars have been upgraded to 2018.14.2 recently in service and there is one new side effect. Namely we run a taxi service that the drivers control from the browser. Finally with this release the map markers came back (google maps marker API was broken for a year in Tesla browser). However the browser is showing PDT as its timezone. I've talked to service and they say the cars timezone is correct EEST what it should be, but my website shows the browsers timezone to be PDT meaning that everything is 10h off. This has caused us a ton of issues and I've had to implement a few hotfixes to translate times to a pre-fixed timezone, but that's non-trivial for some of the code and I really would like Tesla to fix this.

Service hypothesis was that now the whole browser stuff is run through VPN through California, which sounds bizarre, but even so would it still give PDT as the local timezone inside the browser?

Anyone else experience this? The issue is when you do in javascript a=new Date() and for example just print it with a.format(). It'll be showing you PDT timezone.

• Informative
Reactions: Shock-On-T
Service hypothesis was that now the whole browser stuff is run through VPN through California, which sounds bizarre, but even so would it still give PDT as the local timezone inside the browser?

Anyone else experience this? The issue is when you do in javascript a=new Date() and for example just print it with a.format(). It'll be showing you PDT timezone.

That's interesting. I bet they're actually runing the Javascript engine, and possibly parts of the HTML rendering engine, in the cloud rather than on the car. That could explain the huge speedups. Crazy!

Was there a navigation change, or did I screw up a setting?
As of today, when I choose the lightening icon from the map, only destination chargers show. While I can still find Superchargers on the map, no longer do I see their status, as to how many stalls are available. This was working fine just yesterday.

Was there a navigation change, or did I screw up a setting?
As of today, when I choose the lightening icon from the map, only destination chargers show. While I can still find Superchargers on the map, no longer do I see their status, as to how many stalls are available. This was working fine just yesterday.

I think the service is Dow. Both Remote S and the Tesla app have been hosed for a few hours now. Also the week long D/L I’ve been watching is wonky as well...

I made an earlier claim this might be reading temporary speed limit signs. I want to walk that back. After more time driving with it it just seems certain areas are off by 5-10 mph under. No sign it's reading signs.

I did have a positive experience last night though where in a 1 lane to 2 lane split on a city street the car kept to the right lane of the split pretty elegantly. I had the navigation on and was coming up to an intersection but I doubt this would influence it at all.

I made an earlier claim this might be reading temporary speed limit signs. I want to walk that back. After more time driving with it it just seems certain areas are off by 5-10 mph under. No sign it's reading signs.
I'm pretty sure that if there was any new feature in AP2+ autopilot, we'd hear about it 3-6 months before we actually got it.

Got it today in Germany on my 2014 p85+.
Best update since long time. Massive performance improvements. Fella like a hole new system. Super smooth scrolling of the map in the center screen, adjusting the charging level an Browsing threw the system. Great job Tesla. Thank you for renewing my car over the air

Reactions: henderrj
Got it today in Germany on my 2014 p85+.
Best update since long time. Massive performance improvements. Fella like a hole new system. Super smooth scrolling of the map in the center screen, adjusting the charging level an Browsing threw the system. Great job Tesla. Thank you for renewing my car over the air
Now if they can just keep ‘over the air’ working. :D

Reactions: Helmuth
sorry new owner here. what does MCU1 mean and OTA? AP2 I think I know. Thanks. Dan
Acronyms and Abbreviations | TeslaTap

MCU now comes in 2 flavors, one with (a rather poor performing) nVIdia ARM based CPU and another much faster based on x86, though Tesla recently released this firmware which seems to optimize the rendering pipeline so MCU1 people are seeing nice improvements.

Wonder if it is regional, if you drive out of the area, do you drive into the old maps? And if I drive to California or Virginia, do I drive into the new maps... sounds like a fun test lol!
Uh, I think what he meant was that maps rolling out in CA first..... which I believe is wrong, but could be. It can't mean that only the California map areas area updated. When a rollout occurs, the maps include the most recent data for all of US, not just a specific state or area. It is that same process as you will get on portable devices like Garmin. (not same maps, but same process)