Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.14

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm now convinced that AP1 has been improved since 2018.6.1

I'm on AP1 2018.6, previous to that was a long time earlier - 2017.48

By comparison 2018.6.1 seems to hunt side-to-side that I don't remember earlier versions doing, and generally seems more "nervous". Maybe Tesla took some of the Mobileye code in-house, or are aligning the codebase between AP2 and AP1 ...

I drive the same highway route the majority of the time. There are no freak-out points (any longer), so I don't have any specific Could-not/Does-now test points on that route. So just a subjective opinion that my AP1 is more skittish than before.

I tested the new nav and maps tonight. I live in MA, so some of the town names are.....interesting to pronounce, and Nav systems always butcher them, but the new voice actually did a decent job. The vectoring on my AP1/MCU1 S was smooth, and the rerouting time to think was a lot shorter than the old nav's was.

I'll have to try it on something longer, including something with charging stops....

I just got 18.14.7 (2018.14.7 24efc86) for my Model 3 today around mid-day. I seem to be the first one on EV-FW so I thought I would post screen shots. I don't think there is any difference from the earlier 20.14.x

IMG_0481_mask.jpg

IMG_0477.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG
IMG_0479.JPG
IMG_0480.JPG

Great. The firmware and the maps are two separate downloads. Firmware you have to approve as you likely know, but map updates occur without your approval.
I don't believe that to be the case for 14.2, I know it was true for .14. I didn't have the new maps/nav, but immediately after updating to 14.2 I did have the new maps/nav.

Also, the new navigation is really really nice. I love the new voice and the binnacle turn by turn is really well done. Light years ahead.
-Jim