Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update 2019.28.3.1 is being pushed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are some of the release notes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    620.1 KB · Views: 563
I got this last Friday and it fixed my blinking headlights but seems to have broken scheduled charging. Every time that I've plugged in to charge, I've noticed 15 minutes later that my car is charging. I stop charging and the app displays the scheduled charge time, as expected. I'd anyone else seeing this? We installed the update on another S last night but it didn't have the issue. I'm have to watch costly when we plug it in tonight. We'll also be installing the update on a 3 tonight...

Just installed 28.3.1, coming from 28.2. Nothing new from a release note perspective. However, for me there are some improvements on the AP and TACC front.
  • on NOA, when the car takes an exit, it used to almost steer into the guardrail (we have them close to the road). Now it takes the exit more smoothly.
  • On the highway, driving tight loops has become much smoother. (Can be a European ting only, caused by the stricter rules)
This one worked in 28.2 already, but I have not seen anyone mention it:
  • Say you are driving in the middle lane of three lanes, following a car while in TACC. A car passes between you and the car ahead from the faster lane to the slower lane, and never fully stops in your lane. TACC used to break hard for that car, now it can just pass through without any breaking. TACC seems to see that the car is just passing through. Remarkable.
I see a lot of subtle improvements. To me it looks a hell of a job, getting the car to understand all situations.

Another fix not mentioned above...

A week ago I stopped at a supercharger and the car wouldn't charge. The screen just stopped at "Ready to charge". I tried different stalls and a different provider (Ecotricity). Nothing worked. I rang roadside assistance, they restarted the car. Still couldn't charge. They said it's a known issue and the new firmware (2019.28.3) would fix it, which it did. (Model 3, UK)

I've lost cellular since 2019.28 (now on .28.3.1) … celluar will come back some times, but then disconnect and not reconnect. Mobile service says it will be fixed in a "future update" … very frustrating as I cannot monitor charge of my vehicle at work or super charging or get traffic / streaming to work (unless I tether wifi to my phone!)

Annoyingly, climate profiles in this seem to be tied to the easy entry profile. That means that if you turn climate on remotely, then when you get into the car it all changes to your driving profile one. I keep getting lower temperature and seat heaters turned off, reflecting the last setting I had when I got out of the car instead of it using what I set remotely on my app.