TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Firmware update FAIL

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Im_Ace, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Im_Ace

Im_Ace New Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Two weekends ago I was greater by Elroy that he had installed the newest Firmware. I got into the car and tried to drive. The dashboard display only showed the Tesla logo. I reset a few times, and even though the dashboard never came on, I could drive the car. Couldn't tell how fast I was going. Couldn't see, or use AP. Called Tesla to report the problem. They walked me through a couple more reboot, but noting helped. I was told that my problem would be sent to the local SC and they would contact me.

That monday morning, I did receive a call from the local SC and was told that they didn't have any loaners, but they could give me an Enterprise rental car. BAH !!! I don't want to be driving an ICE car. I was put on the "waiting list". I called the next day, still no loaners in. Got a call on the third day and I immediately went to the SC.

I really believed that there was a hiccup in the installation of the new Firmware and that if they could just redo the d/l it would correct the issue. Three days after Elroy was at the SC they called and told me that they did what they could with the firmware, but the problem still existed. So, they replaced the dashboard assembly.

Problem fixed.

I love my car. Even though the loaner was a Model S, it was pre-AP. Very weird driving a non AP car after 15K miles driving AP.