Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware update question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UGO-BOSS, I've seen another thread here that says you can help get the maps better by editing the source that they use. I think it's open street maps but not sure. Look for that thread.
That's different. What you are thinking of was whether crowd-sourced updating of street maps was helping to improve the Summon feature by improving the mapping in parking lots and private areas. That has nothing directly to do with updating the map data in your Tesla.

That's different. What you are thinking of was whether crowd-sourced updating of street maps was helping to improve the Summon feature by improving the mapping in parking lots and private areas. That has nothing directly to do with updating the map data in your Tesla.

Ah, might be. I'm sorry if I mixed both. Is the map from Google then? There must be a way to help them too...

Ah, might be. I'm sorry if I mixed both. Is the map from Google then? There must be a way to help them too...
I've seen a bit of discussion about the sourcing of the Tesla mapping and if I recall correctly, the consensus seems to be that they pull data from multiple sources (which seems logical), but I don't recall if there was ever a definitive answer.