TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Firmware Update Stuck...

Discussion in 'Model X' started by RedSpeed, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:04 AM.

1. RedSpeed

RedSpeed Member

Hi Guys, I am trying to update my software and the update screen show that the progress has stopped. I've restarted the computer a few times and verified that the car is connected to WiFi. Any ideas?

I am on version 2019.16.2

Thank you!!!

Attached Files:

2. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Are you restarting the car by doing a full reboot (both wheels and brake pedal held down). I found that works for me

• Helpful x 1
  3. RedSpeed

RedSpeed Member

I tried only the two scroll wheels reset so far... So both wheels AND the break pedal?

4. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

Yep. Having the brake pedal down lets more system/subsystems reboot since you cannot be driving when you hold the brake pedal down.

You should see lights, A/C, etc go off and on.

5. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi RedSpeed,

I had the same problem. I know I was connected to WiFi but it said connect to WiFi for the download...
    I tried every combination of reboot known to man.... Still the same...
    I deleted the WiFi configuration and added it back... No difference...
    I deleted the configuration and RENAMED my home network, again it connected but said WiFi connection needed...
    I deleted the WiFi configuration, rebooted the car, and then added the configuration back after the car reboot,
    still the same...

I finally scheduled a mobile service visit... The service visit was to be in three weeks.

In the meantime, I had the car ceramic coated - It was gone from my garage for three days.

When I returned from the ceramic coating, I parked it and plugged it into the charger as always.

Within 10 minutes I got a message saying that software had been downloaded - Install now?

Being away for 3 days must have cleared something, because while it was in the garage in WiFi range
    nothing I did made any difference...

Shawn

• Informative x 1
  6. Silicon Desert

Silicon Desert Active Member

Yes and tell the wife to put on her ruby slippers, click her heals 3 times, and say "There's no car like a Tesla." :D