Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I understand it, the last update was released in early May (the one with headlight autodimming), but so far no notice from my Model 3. Still running 2018.14.13. Is there any sense of how long these update take to get to the cars? Any way, to make it happen sooner?

My understanding... No, No.
Currently they come when / if they come. Elon has tweeted of rumors of a future capability to request an update, but as of now, the only known way to actually request a push is through a service center. But I do believe that is quite bad form to ask them to push it unless there is a known issue that is being worked.

My 3 is also still on 2018.14.13.

The firmware tracker ev-fw.com shows 2018.14.13 is the latest one in widespread release. Until there is a 2018.18.something that doesn’t cause more problems than it solves, it won’t be going out to large numbers of cars. Trust me, long time owners know not to want the latest firmware immediately.

Please add your car to that site and update it when you get new firmware. The more the merrier.

As I understand it, the last update was released in early May (the one with headlight autodimming), but so far no notice from my Model 3. Still running 2018.14.13. Is there any sense of how long these update take to get to the cars? Any way, to make it happen sooner?

I'm still on 14.13 also. As it's been explained to me, Tesla doesn't roll out updates fleet-wide in case of an issue that isn't obvious at first. I suspect they don't want to brick all of the cars at once. So a small percentage of cars gets updated first and the rest of us gets it when the build is proven to be stable. I've read about people being skipped for updates for months for really no reason before getting an update. I've read that parking within the geofence of a service center may increase your chances of getting a firmware update sooner, but don't know how accurate that is.