Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Updates, Features, Tesla App - For Classic/PreAP and AP1 & MCU1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here another feedback confirming MCU1 is still ... MCU1.
Tesla confirms infotainment system upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2 for $2500
I installed version 2020.24.6..11 too today but did not get a chance to get in the car and play around.
I only used the app to unlock the car several times today, and it felt it was lightning fast at doing it.
But I guess it was only a feeling and subconsciously influenced by the Norwegian feedbacks and other enthusiastic ones.
Sucks if it's only temporary :( My MCU1 was awesome yesterday. Not tried it today.

Here another feedback confirming MCU1 is still ... MCU1.
Tesla confirms infotainment system upgradeability from MCU1 to MCU2 for $2500
I installed version 2020.24.6..11 too today but did not get a chance to get in the car and play around.
I only used the app to unlock the car several times today, and it felt it was lightning fast at doing it.
But I guess it was only a feeling and subconsciously influenced by the Norwegian feedbacks and other enthusiastic ones.

The app does seem to be quicker to connect with the car, but that is different than saying the MCU is more responsive.

Being on vacation, we do all by walk & bicycle, so no reason for me to be in the car and “play” with it to discover the changes brought by 2020.24.6.11
Of course, it’s too tempting and I couldn’t help but to sit in it for a few minutes while going to fetch breakfast.
I had noticed the two TuneIn icons and wondered.
Seeing the QR-code on the login page, I grabbed the phone, pointed the camera and this opened up a login page on my mobile, asking me how I wanted to connect my Tesla. Nice.
As I have a free account, I logged in with it.
As soon as I did this, the old icon vanished.
It took me another minute to understand the new layout and retrieve my favorites stations and podcasts.
But I do like the fact that the top row proposes the last podcasts of my favorites.
Looks promising.

Some experience feedback on TuneIn.
It does indeed now allow higher def stream like from Linn Radio (320kbps MP3), but still is not good at streaming RFM radio.
In the iPhone App, I can see that rfm proposes AAC and MP3 formatS.
Maybe that is the issue.
Good progress, but room for improvement.

On the regression side, I also got that it would sometimes default to the first podcast station in my list when I return in the car, instead of the Spotify tune I was listening before leaving the car.

And feedback on AP1: nothing new or improved that I could notice.
The usual phantom braking triggered by car “A” moving in front of me, and my AP1 locking of course on that car “A” (which is good and not causing the braking), BUT also locking on the slower car “B” in the adjacent lane that caused the first car “A” to overtake, causing hard slow down, is still there.

And feedback on AP1: nothing new or improved that I could notice.
The usual phantom braking triggered by car “A” moving in front of me, and my AP1 locking of course on that car “A” (which is good and not causing the braking), BUT also locking on the slower car “B” in the adjacent lane that caused the first car “A” to overtake, causing hard slow down, is still there.
Yes I certainly wouldn't expect any AP changes because its only the MCU that was replaced.

Since 2020.24.6.11 I had trouble to change channel in TuneIn: clicking on the steering wheel on next or previous would not work anymore.
I finally found out it works with a “long press”. Like 1-2 sec.
Is it just me or do you also have this?

I'm the happy owner since 2015 of an incredible silver S85 AP1 car, and I understand most of the new updates and features lately is for the more capable AP 2.x/3.x with MCU2.

At each update, there is a lot of feed-back and posts about those new capabilities. It's plain mathematics: there are much more Model 3 and Y rising, and of course all S/X from 2017 and later.

So posts about something for my car often gets lost in the volume of other posts, and questions specific to our "generations" do not get answered sometimes, simply because they are missed in the crowd of posts.

I'd like a thread where owners like me share and converse about the updates and new features that are applicable to the "Pre AP2" and "Pre MCU2" cars.

I'll start by noticing that the new, much hyped coming update does list something for "us": TuneIn improvements!

2020.24.6 (Software Update) | Teslascope

Extract:

TuneIn Improvements

With this update, we've improved the usability and discoverability of TuneIn stations and podcasts so that it's easier to browse content. We've also added the ability to adjust playback speed of podcasts (up to 2x). As usual, to use TuneIn, tap on the media icon and select TuneIn on the source selector.

And some minor bug correction I noticed, but not sure since when it is corrected: on the Nav, the "red arrow" that is our car remains pointing in the direction of the car, even when you are backing up. It used to remain pointed in the wrong direction if you have parked in reverse. I know, not much, but I recall posts where some asked to fix it.:rolleyes:

I agree, AustinP. I have 2016 MX. I would love to see threads relevant to our “dinosaurs.”

Some experience feedback on TuneIn.
It does indeed now allow higher def stream like from Linn Radio (320kbps MP3), but still is not good at streaming RFM radio.
In the iPhone App, I can see that rfm proposes AAC and MP3 formatS.
Maybe that is the issue.
Good progress, but room for improvement.

On the regression side, I also got that it would sometimes default to the first podcast station in my list when I return in the car, instead of the Spotify tune I was listening before leaving the car.

A follow up on this previous comment:
For the RFM station that I cannot stream, I contacted TuneIn and within a day they had replied and found out that the issue lies with that station that has an expired certificate in its streams. They contacted the radio, hope they fix it. Great support from Matt over there.
So bottom line, not a Tesla/TuneIn issue.

As for the second point, this has not happened again.

I also have some more connectivity issue that is new: loss of data connection, came back after a reboot, and a few day laters, I noticed I was connected by only on 3G. Rebooted and I was back on LTE.

Maybe it’s just my network data connection that is getting worn out? Anyone else having more data connection issues recently?

I have a MX P100D built May'18. My MCU display doesn't show the amount when supercharging and I can't change the service center I use. I've never gone to the Burbank SC. I've brought it in 3-4 times for that and other issues but the last visit they said engineering is working on it. They'll call me when they have a fix for it. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this issue?

Attachments

• IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    566.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Tesla MX Charging.jpg
    Tesla MX Charging.jpg
    460.4 KB · Views: 51