Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware Updates - so whats your geofencing gig?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked that question in another thread a few months ago and I think it was we057 who answered it. The signals are still sent to the mother ship, but you don't get a software update unless there is an open work order on your car. In other words, don't bother.
I agree with the above. I live only 4 miles from my local Service Center, and since 8.0 the proximity of the SC and my car arriving there have NOT triggered a software download. When I asked, the SC Manager about this, he informed me then that a new service center work order for my S's VIN was now the trigger.... so Work Order must be "True" and proximity to the SC geofence must be "True" for the possibility of the download to become triggered.

• Informative
Reactions: NikeWings
Interesting thread.

Thanks.

Probably an irrelevant reminiscence:

Back in the olden days, I actually stopped using Wi-Fi because it was never receicing the updates at home (or if it was, in much delayed fashion). The Wi-Fi signal was full bars, but no help. Every time I had to switch to 3G to get updates. Since then I've been using 3G/LTE only.

• Informative
Reactions: NikeWings