Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, what ever happened to EV-FW.com, they don't seem to have polled my car in forever and I cannot find a place to log my car in anymore. If they have gone to manual only input their statistics are gonna fall well behind others. At least TezLab seems to have ramped UP their response to new firmware updates. Hopefully their website will allow display of all cars they track soon.

Yeah, what ever happened to EV-FW.com, they don't seem to have polled my car in forever and I cannot find a place to log my car in anymore. If they have gone to manual only input their statistics are gonna fall well behind others. At least TezLab seems to have ramped UP their response to new firmware updates. Hopefully their website will allow display of all cars they track soon.

I am EV-FW.com. ;)

Yes, I never added the code to enable Refresh tokens, so once your API token expired, it stopped polling those cars (and didn't notify anyone). Then several weeks ago Tesla started blocking all API calls from AWS, so I disabled the API code. That has been since resolved, but I haven't re-enabled the API code.

Basically, the data that TeslaFi.com provides is significantly better/deeper/more accurate than the user-reported data on EV-FW.com. And it's not a competition either. :)

The only reason I haven't taken EV-FW.com down all together is that a lot of users are relying on it to easily record (manually) their own FW updates if they aren't using TeslaFi.com, which isn't free.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: oaito and mrElbe
And thanks tons. If you do decide to shut down at some point, give us a chance to scrape our car histories?

Of course! But since it doesn't really cost me anything in time or expense to keep it up, I don't think I'll take it down anytime soon, or until people stop using it.

I think very few people use it to reference the statistics these days since there are better tools.

For a cheaper solution that has some greater benefits I like TezLab, it's like TeslaFi, a server out in the wilds of the internet connects to your car and collects data on it.

IMG_2170.jpeg
IMG_2171.jpeg

But then there is a dedicated app that is up there with the Stats app for information on your phone. And there is a website designed to be viewed while driving on the center console display. For the longest time, it was free, and you can still use it for free, but they no longer store all your trips for free.

I have tried ALL the Tesla apps and this was my first and still the one I go to. I discovered that if you try to run more than one 3P app on your car they may collide and cause your car not to sleep, so I don't use more than just this one.

• Informative
Reactions: jgs