Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank gawd! I got so tired of telling people it was irrelevant. I wish someone at Tesla Development would feel the same way, as it never added anything to the conversation except confusion.

Thanks for simplifying things. Of course, that means now Tesla will soon change back to the ‘original’ numbers the SC’s use. :D

I am noticing now that I have the site polling my car for updates that it claims the update occurred via WiFi, but no model 3 HAS WiFi.

Also, how do we get rid of an entry that someone typed wrong, Someone entered they got updated to version 2018.4.19 on the 23rd. That error going to be staring at us for the entire year. It is always sorted to first in the list...

-Randy

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
Also, how do we get rid of an entry that someone typed wrong, Someone entered they got updated to version 2018.4.19 on the 23rd. That error going to be staring at us for the entire year. It is always sorted to first in the list...

Everything can be corrected grasshopper. ;) Do you think 2018.4.19 is wrong? What do you think is correct? They said in the note in addition: "Car delivered with 2018.4.19 installed."

I am noticing now that I have the site polling my car for updates that it claims the update occurred via WiFi, but no model 3 HAS WiFi.

The background job assumes Wifi updates. We're really not using that attribute anymore. Updates come equally over OTA and WifI. The only updates limited to Wifi are the map updates. I added it to see if there were any patterns relating to the updates, but there are none anymore.

The recent updates for the Model 3 are 2018.14.13, 2018.12.1, and 2018.10.5.

I did get 2018.14.13 installed on the DATE 2018/4/19, so likely that is what he was saying. The advantage of the system polling for it automatically.

-Randy

I check it every few days for the existence of new versions. Lots of versions get really small numbers, so I know to not fret. The ones that ramp I then do a search here in TMC for comments. Maybe not my car configuration. Ok. If all that passes then I’m wanting it.

Reactions: mrElbe
Just noticed that although one can select a letter for the first of the last six items in the VIN it does not save. A number does save.

Yes, actually in order to properly generate the "VIN Range" reports, the initial letters P,S,F were superfluous, and all those VINs are under 99999, so instead of storing the letter, it just replaces it with a "0".

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan