Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Firmware tracker fun facts:

For version 6.2, most updates happened on Tuesday, fewest on Sunday
For version 7.0, most updates happened on Thursday, fewest on Sunday
For version 7.1, most updates happened on Friday, fewest on Sunday
For version 8.0, most updates happened on Friday, fewest on Sunday

Aha, this confirms that the Tesla software updates gods, after hard work during the week, rested on Sunday to admire their latest creations.

That's not any script that is running on the site. It looks like a browser extension script that is having problems. Try disabling your browser extensions one at a time until the problem goes away. Then you'll find your suspect.

There was an option to "debug script" which I selected. I got the attached (which I do not understand in the least). Is that consistent with what you are saying?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 5.17.40 PM.pdf
    257.9 KB · Views: 51
There was an option to "debug script" which I selected. I got the attached (which I do not understand in the least). Is that consistent with what you are saying?

I'm not sure what he script with the error it detected "kwift...min.js" is-- It's not anything I'm sending.. so that's a plugin or extension. But the site is now working in the car browser once I fixed a looping issue with HTTPS. What browser did you get that screen shot from, and is the site not working there?

On a related topic, should those of us who have obtained new cars delete the old one or leave it on the site for historic stat purposes? I only update my new vehicle, but have left the entries for the old one.

That's up to you, I'd ask that you not delete it, since it's valuable data. You can either:
1. Leave it in your account
2. Transfer it to the new owner's account (contact me)
3. Transfer it to my "orphan account" for safekeeping (contact me)

I'm not sure what he script with the error it detected "kwift...min.js" is-- It's not anything I'm sending.. so that's a plugin or extension. But the site is now working in the car browser once I fixed a looping issue with HTTPS. What browser did you get that screen shot from, and is the site not working there?

Firefox. The site works in Firefox but I get the script error. I usually select "Stop Script". The site works in Safari without any script error. My Safari has no extensions but some plugins. I will start disabling plugins and extensions in Firefox and let you know what I discover. Thanks.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Firefox. The site works in Firefox but I get the script error. I usually select "Stop Script". The site works in Safari without any script error. My Safari has no extensions but some plugins. I will start disabling plugins and extensions in Firefox and let you know what I discover. Thanks.

I isolated the extension. It is Dashlane. But on the new page for 8.1 I did not get the message. But I still get it for the 8.0 page. Curious. I will pursue it with Dashlane anyway.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I isolated the extension. It is Dashlane. But on the new page for 8.1 I did not get the message. But I still get it for the 8.0 page. Curious. I will pursue it with Dashlane anyway.

Not knowing anything about Dashlane, I suspect it's intercepting the entire HTML page (like most extensions do!) for the 7.1 report, which is huge, and choking on the size or just timing out waiting to receive all of the HTML.

It's not a priority right now, but I can look into optimizing that page so it doesn't need to load *all* of the data at once. When I built that page, firmware updates weren't as frequent and we didn't have over a thousand people reporting.

Please wait 6 minutes.

I migrated to a new server setup, and that file is now generated hourly. Or at least it should be.
It's still down or down again, and has been for days (my script that tries to download it hourly) reports it as 0 bytes least since june 14th (older logging is gone).

Also: it's hard to find a contact on ev-fw.com; a WHOIS returned eskin.net which mentions the firmware tracker. This has a contact @lexbrook.com but the mail I sent to the address to report the issue of the CSV not being available was undeliverable / bounced (can't find the report Google sent; must've (permanently) deleted it found it).

Now that I found you and read your sig I also learned about ev-cpo.com which has an "email me" under contact with a gmail.com address. Might try that one too ;)

Last edited:
Ok just some housekeeping. The following users in the tracker have been deleted since they registered and had no cars stored, and/or not update records. If you are one of these users and want to use the Tracker, please re-register using your TMC Handle and PIN of your choice:

#thjac
#wyeRiver
#Kami
#missbliss
#stevekirsch
#droid
#omaha2002
#Reagan
#StevensBabay
#sgi
#ot
###2267
#mastermoore
##greeneny
#liusy
#icutcher
#mburki
##irgei
#golfnfig
##Axzalon
##AQuack
#BatteryDrinkNL-P85DL
nfrancois
#mikejohnp
#curtman1234

The users listed below all have cars and have submitted firmware updates, but are not TMC members. If your handle is on this list, please contact me ASAP with your TMC Forum handle, so I can properly update your records with the correct TMC Handle:

###ageoftesla
###DTDT###
##SidetrackCA
##tessie-90D
#1lucky
#ae
#Amma
#despro
#Dooba
#driveme
#DrJohnM61
#eholleb
#geneva
#GQ
#hliang71
#jimyan
#jost47
#kevindale
#kuro
#LAFA
#MystMrQ
#p
#Phildo
#pmiller
#raf
#shap
#soundone
#tardismobile
#tipsternipster
#TNiko
#toy2
#tradjon
..Frenchan
.dan
.marc
.Martin
.PiecesS
abj1978
Abs0003
achedin
ajp97
ala
alefkowits
alfredholzheu
Amarganth
AmpDup
AndersHoj
Andi 85D
AryaS75
aston9k
AtxModelS
austin8502
AZGray
b2611
bakk5685
bbarksdale
Beliskner
bertcoin
bestgorden
Binque
bisja01
Bitch
bjn
BjörnTM
bkrayburn
Blip!
BlueSub
bnyc
Bobelle
bretty585
brian_b
brister
brosdotcom
BryanSmith
C2-I2
ChiefMike
coheteloco
consolaus
copyguy
CypressTX
czechow
daniel_boling
DarkKnight90D
dave1975
DaveR
dazza
DebbyJim-Tessy
dedicated
denali
dfm
dilspam
dje
dme4ils
dmneumann
dortor
dougiehoser
Dregtv
Drekkar
DrJerkyJenkem
Drpaper
dxjb
eric1980
finsterloch
FireMop
Folinator1
fpoulenc
Fpwek
FranksTesla
frje
FSTDEWD
G36721
gaas99
gadaily
gauteboris
gc830
GeorgeJetson
Gerda107
gerrit1978
Gilbnx
go14
gokhan_tur
golfsierra
gr8boy
h
hdsiles
heath
heineckiv
heinzemann
Highlando
HJF
HoltonD
hudgensx
ICBTW
imatripandahalf
Induction
inti
iwwr
jaco
Jamboisi
JCS
jdc
JeanDa_S90D
jeffphp
jgardner
jknippschild
jmorriso
johnkel
Jojokpa
joliver328
Jrwoods
juice15
julez
jwalthour
k.i.t.t
karmody47
KG7jo
KKinLBC
Kraut
krziii
LeesS90D
legend
leisuresuitlarry
Lexu
live-a-good-story
LuckyBos
M-Falcon
M.skeide
M3-CH
maasao
Magic1
mandioni
marcibet
Markiemark
MarkMaxPayne
mattclark
mayu
mck
meet
merc835
mhab12
mhtx123
MikeJr74
minimal
MJP.75D
Mjølner
Monster X
MotiCohen
MP37c4
MRoadster
MrSoChill
mrsolberg
mschorer
msokol55
mth4102
mverseve
NALK
nans2012
naylom
nico70
Noireboy
ntesla
nycfresh
Oberlander
olive90d
oregonkc
Outbreak
owenob
owlerphilly
P85DL
paalv
paladin32776
pamini
patrimal
PellePer
ph8886
PhilMcCool
PhilN
philupt
PJHarley
pkb95014
pkt
Plugsuv
pmarin
PNWJRC74
potentate
Prime owner
pshockley
PSI
psychopat
purest
Queeg 500
rad
raghu
RalphB
reardon94
RED HELL
Red70D
Redp85+
Rextado
RFK
rickpoisson
ritt
RK
RLBMD
roma_victor
RSLM
Saffire
sandeshr76
SCS007
sea2san
seattle2016
Sephiroth
Siggi
SilverB
Skatenic
Skibonk
Slodoc
Sn0wride
snerk
So Much For Subtlety
Socal Buzz
sp
spinkick
stacecom
stefansjo
SteveZ
StormLg
stranger
[email protected]
sybie
syscard
tabizon
TAKSIT
tanim
Terabyte58
Tesla-S
tesla05733
TeslaOne
teznbe16
TF Hutch
The Long Ranger
Thisischriswill
TM21
toja
Tomasz911
topsecret
trueblueaqua
TSLA X1
turbolaban
TvC
TwoCybers
txdgwf
Tyrey
vedabhyasa
veldepc
Viajante
vwidor
weiwang115
wxman5
[email protected]
XPaul100D
ygb55

If you do not have the correct TMC handle in the Firmware Tracker, I am unable to contact you for updates or PIN Resets.

There was a small glitch in the system which allowed non TMC members to register for a period of time, so that's why this is necessary.

FInally, if you are new to the tracker and want to signup, DO NOT PUT a hashtag (#) in front of your handle.. THIS IS NOT TWITTER. Just use your TMC Handle as it appears here.

Thanks.

Reactions: hiroshiy