Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Firmware Upgrade Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would be interesting to see any geographic patterns in rollouts anyhow
I do agree. Come to think of I know that Hank and I discussed this at some point but then he ended up not implementing it? Part of the issue is the still fairly small sample base. But still, it would be interesting to have.
Hank, do you track IP addresses? GeoIP lookup could be a cheap and easy first way to do this...

3 days after the launch of 2.7.77, we received 2.7.85. At first we had hesitation to install it as there was a rumour that it would disable autopilot because of regulatory issues. A few brave guys tried it first and everyone was intact. Release note is the same.

Ok, so I finally had some time to make some long-awaited updates to the Firmware Tracker.

First, people can now go back and "edit" the attributes of their car, if they entered them incorrectly when initially creating their record(s). There's now a "pencil" icon (
pencil.png
) to bring up the Car editor.

Second, people can now delete a car on their account, which will also delete all Firmware update records. This is in case someone created a duplicate car in error or some other reason to delete your own records without contacting me. Click the Red X (
redx.gif
) next to the pencil. There is a confirmation that pops up before deleting the records.

Third, in case people mis-entered an individual Firmware Update record, you can now delete it and re-enter it correctly. (There is no "edit", just "delete"). Click the Red X (
redx.gif
) next to each FW update record and re-enter it correctly if needed.

Fourth, people can now indicate which country their car is located. This is on a "per car" basis (not "per user"). Simply use the new Car Editor "pencil" icon (
pencil.png
) to edit your car(s) and select your country from the Country list. Right now, ALL cars have been assigned a default Country as "United States". ... so ONLY those people outside the US need to go in and update their records.

Finally, on the 'Reports' page, the second report is now "Builds by Model/Country". Once people outside the US update their car records with their country, this report will reflect which builds have been distributed to which countries.

In addition, I standardized the way VINs are entered using individual drop down boxes. This will eliminate VIN formatting errors, and still gives the people of entering their actual VIN or masked VIN (i.e. 102xxx). I also did a bunch of other minor clean up in the UI.

So if you're outside the US, please update your car country so we can better report on builds by Country. Thanks.

Enjoy!

Ok, so I finally had some time to make some long-awaited updates to the Firmware Tracker.

... people can now delete a car on their account, which will also delete all Firmware update records. This is in case someone created a duplicate car in error or some other reason to delete your own records without contacting me.

Suggestion: keep the deleted data for a VIN in a hidden stash. If the car is sold and the data deleted, the new user could still inherit the historical information when he/she registers.

One assumes that there is some protection against entering duplicate records for the same VIN.

One assumes that there is some protection against entering duplicate records for the same VIN.

Right now, there's not uniqueness among VINs across multiple users, because many people will not supply their full VIN, and just supply the first 2 or 3 most significant digits. If everyone reported their actual VIN, I could do something like that. But each user can only enter their VIN once (either actual or masked).

Great work, as always, Hank.

I'm not sure if I discovered an issue, or perhaps something that just applies to my record, or maybe I'm not looking at things the right way. But when I look at my update history now, my most recent update to version 7.2.7.56 is not in the list. However that update is still part of the database, as I can see it in the reports tab if I look at the full data extract. And actually, thinking about it some more, the only updates showing there are the Firmware 6.2 updates. 6.1 updates are also not displaying in that list. Selecting 6.1 or 7.0 in the "Select Firmware Version" area, and then going back to the screen that shows the reports of my updates has no effect.

Great work, as always, Hank.

I'm not sure if I discovered an issue, or perhaps something that just applies to my record, or maybe I'm not looking at things the right way. But when I look at my update history now, my most recent update to version 7.2.7.56 is not in the list. However that update is still part of the database, as I can see it in the reports tab if I look at the full data extract. And actually, thinking about it some more, the only updates showing there are the Firmware 6.2 updates. 6.1 updates are also not displaying in that list. Selecting 6.1 or 7.0 in the "Select Firmware Version" area, and then going back to the screen that shows the reports of my updates has no effect.

Ok, it's working now. Simple config tweak. thanks.

Thanks.

So did this only affect me? I had hoped I was helping you find a system-wide glitch, not making you work just to fix something specific to my record. (I apologize if that's what it was.)

You ask all the hard questions. No, it didn't affect just you! It was a system-wide glitch (the second one). It affected about 60 records out of about 2100 total records.