Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware version 10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this Teslarati story talks about major updates coming in "firmware version 10" ... When I check the "Version" (always thought it was software) in the Tesla app, I'm running 2019.28.3.1 ... Questions ... is this "software" or firmware or both ... Are we couning to 10 on the 3rd number, ie, I'll need to go from 3 to 10 to get this thing? TIA, Paul

We use the terms interchangeably here. Software Version 10 = Firmware Version 10. The numbers in your build version just tell you what week the software is from. 2019.28.x.x means it's from the 28th week of the year. The dot numbers after it just represent minor revisions. It has nothing to do with the big version numbers. When Version 10 is released, you'll definitely hear about it. It's still weeks (or months) away.

We use the terms interchangeably here. Software Version 10 = Firmware Version 10. The numbers in your build version just tell you what week the software is from. 2019.28.x.x means it's from the 28th week of the year. The dot numbers after it just represent minor revisions. It has nothing to do with the big version numbers. When Version 10 is released, you'll definitely hear about it. It's still weeks (or months) away.

Thanks, so the 3 will count up 10? Just curious about the nomenclature ... I get the push when any update is ready so not worried about missing it!

No. The last number in the build number also has nothing to do with major version number. Version 10 will probably be something like 2019.36 or 2019.38.
...or more likely 2019.50.x or 2020.3.x.:eek::D

V=Version
IMG_0680.jpeg