Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware version on AP2 equipped cars in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It doesn't surprise me that you get posts you don't want with such a vague thread title.
I would recommend something like Firmware version on Australian AP2 equipped cars.
If there is no objection I will change it on Sunday.

No issue in changing it - if anything it is too precise a title for where the discussion has gone :) ie, a specific version being referred to, whereas this thread has turned into a discussion of which version AP2 cars in AU have received.

Looks like 17.9.3 is out in the US - maybe that's the build we'll end up with (skipping over the others). 17.9.3
You were correct, 17.9.3 has just been installed for my car. You have to wear your big boy pants (two pairs) to engage low speed autosteer. I engaged it on my the way out to the shops and on the way back on the road to my house (which is probably one of the most difficult streets I can think of for it to drive on) and it ran off the road several times, ran over the middle, hugged the left when it should have hugged the middle, swerved badly and completely missed a bunch of parked cars which I had to take control to avoid a collision. It had some pretty good sections with difficult bends but mostly I cannot wait for it to get some more cameras enabled.

You were correct, 17.9.3 has just been installed for my car. You have to wear your big boy pants (two pairs) to engage low speed autosteer. I engaged it on my the way out to the shops and on the way back on the road to my house (which is probably one of the most difficult streets I can think of for it to drive on) and it ran off the road several times, ran over the middle, hugged the left when it should have hugged the middle, swerved badly and completely missed a bunch of parked cars which I had to take control to avoid a collision. It had some pretty good sections with difficult bends but mostly I cannot wait for it to get some more cameras enabled.

Did you get the update when in for a service, or just on wifi/3G?

I think there are some roads that it makes sense on (fundamentally no more complex stretches than say, crossing the Sydney Harbour Bridge which has narrow lanes), but also agree use on other types of roads doesn't sound wise at present.

Just finished installing 17.9.3 on my X a couple of minutes ago. Will fetch my pants and go for a spin :cool:

(Edit: My car was on wifi)
(Edit: From the car's wifi download usage, it looks like the update was about 365MB)

Last edited:
@NovoCasGreeny My drive was much like yours, including kerb mounting, except the car also totally ignored a cyclist riding close to the curb and happily drove towards her before I yanked the steering wheel to put the car back on track.
It really can't cope well with suburban streets that don't have lane dividers.
Everywhere I drove had lane markers but the road has huge sweeping bends and sharp changes in elevation, the extra wide road where a particular issue because it wasn't detecting parked car head on very well. I am assuming the radar should be picking that up but lots of functionality to integrate and enable. I will keep letting it drive under strict supervision at times I know are quiet but definitely not at dark for the minute.