TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Firmware

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by jumpman, Dec 13, 2015.

1. jumpman

jumpman Member

Just curious, is everyone in Hk on the same firmware version. I notice N America is getting updates but I havent seen any updates since picking up the car in early November which was the version before the autopilot upgrade.

2. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Member

I think this thread can help bring you up to speed on the firmware situation:
    Tesla disables autopilot in hk - just happened, very disappointing - Page 5

My understanding is you'll be stuck on v6.2 as Tesla has put on hold the roll-out of v7.0 in HK given the issues with TD.

3. erikku80

erikku80 Member

Anyone know when for the new owner we can be upgraded to 7.0?

i have been asking Tesla.. Different people different story.. Down said they are serving the upgrade now, some said in a week or two and some said not sure.. Lol

4. gubes

gubes Member

A senior guy told me to expect it by year end.

5. beewalker

beewalker Member

Would it be firmware 7.1 ?

6. Vmax

Vmax Member

Do you mean with Autopilot re-enabled?

7. gubes

gubes Member

I don't think it would include autopilot as it would require permission from the transport department which to my knowledge has not given the green light. The software would be 7.0

8. Lerxt

Lerxt Member

Version 7 is autopilot software, except that we are being denied it by a TD that seems to know better than the civilised world. They almost certainly will release 7.1 since there are improvements in that. If HK is going to be held back in the dark ages without AP then it will be a specific 7.1 version.

9. gubes

gubes Member

Its not just Autopilot software, there is also a user interface re-design. I do not have autopilot. However, if I DID have autopilot, I would want to make sure that the user interface re-design (especially the dash display) still has the dial and not the image of the car which would become useless without autopilot being enabled.

10. AppleFan

AppleFan Member

I have a pre-autopilot car and I have 7.0 (I guess I was lucky to have updated it before they took it down). Both the circular dial and the image of the car are visible on the dash display. The car image may look a bit gimmicky but it does serve some purpose in my book: I always used to wonder whether/when the brake lights come on, now I can tell for sure.

11. jumpman

jumpman Member

My car was just in to fix stupid door handle and they upgraded the firmware, still 6.2 but a newer release mainly addressing maps with additional charging details as well as improved lane change warning and auto handbrake. No difference to the dash display. The tech did mention that Tesla management were in meetings with TD on Thurs to discuss autopilot approval but no details on release.

12. akkyau

akkyau New Member

Taken delivery yesterday. It is still version 6.2.

13. adamlee

adamlee New Member

My November delivery car still in 6.2, and 3G out of service happened frequently. And I don't like the behavior of Hill Assistance. Hope to have 7.X soon, especially urge for Hill Hold feature.

14. wongsters

wongsters Member

I took mine in November as well. So far, 3G has dropped off twice, a reboot took care of it. Hill hold works fine for me...my previous car had no such feature so I cannot compare. What aspect do you not like?

15. gubes

gubes Member

I took delivery of my car on the last day of October. I had frequent 3G loss issues and had to reboot it repeatedly (btw, I hade power save mode off and always connected checked). Then when they were fixing something on my Tesla around 3 weeks back there was a small firmware update (not 7.0) and all of a sudden I never have the 3G issue anymore. Its always connected now.

16. Silent Knight

Silent Knight Member

I just got an update from Tesla via iOS app that a new update is available. Not sure which ver it is though as I'm in the process of updating it now

17. by21

by21 New Member

Took delivery on 7 Jan with a v7 and today got this update :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

And I didn't connect through wifi. Can't wait to experience the new changes!

Attached Files: