Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I have a hold till 12/31/2021, I have concerns of being put in back of line which is showing September for my exact config. I have decided to wait 2 more weeks for EV credit outcome and then release my hold if it fails. My car has "gone up" in value by $5K since I ordered anyways, so 2021 vs 2022 be damn.

Also until I see Tesla file the new VIN here: Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID I don't think we should expect to see a 2022 VIN across any model.

VINs are assigned by the local center once a batch of cars arrive. They are not custom built for an individual.
No. VINs are assigned at the logistics lot in Fremont before the car is ever loaded. More accurately, they’re assigned after line assembly but before the final diagnostic. The immediate assignment helps the line understand which remaining batches are in most demand in the short term.

There’s a big gap between when Tesla assigned you the VIN and when your SA starts the paperwork (hence the webpage source trick)

Last edited:
Are there any credible reports of Fremont halting production in October for retooling?
There is only speculation based on circumstantial evidence and there have been zero credible reports or facts that is did or did not happen. We have evidence that MYP production stopped for three weeks as no Performance VINs were assigned. BUT there were plenty of MYLR going out he door and a recent Fremont drone flyover showed numerous cars being loaded on trucks. Theories and speculation are in abundant supply.

Looks like @OmarL has that special "relationship" :rolleyes:
Lmao, I LITERALLY just posted in the Sept 2021 chat room to create a relationship with your SA! Lmao. I ordered on 9/14 LR, white on white, standard rims, no towing, no FSD. But I made it a thing to create that relationship and stay top of mind. I would reach out to him every 1 -2 weeks asking silly questions, checking in, whatever I had to do. Had to stand out..and sure enough he texted me while I was on a call and told me he found me a car and is working on assigning it to me!! LETS GOOOO

Reactions: impastu
Lmao, I LITERALLY just posted in the Sept 2021 chat room to create a relationship with your SA! Lmao. I ordered on 9/14 LR, white on white, standard rims, no towing, no FSD. But I made it a thing to create that relationship and stay top of mind. I would reach out to him every 1 -2 weeks asking silly questions, checking in, whatever I had to do. Had to stand out..and sure enough he texted me while I was on a call and told me he found me a car and is working on assigning it to me!! LETS GOOOO
1.5 month waiting period for a MYLR!!! That is crazy fast given the environment we are in… now I need to scramble to get my 14-50 outlet installed!

Reactions: impastu
1.5 month waiting period for a MYLR!!! That is crazy fast given the environment we are in… now I need to scramble to get my 14-50 outlet installed!
Hilarious relationship posts. All this time I thought this was an EV site and not one of those dating sites:). Funny you mentioned your 1450 install, I just had mine completed this morning, just looking for that right relationship I guess.

• Funny
Reactions: OmarL
Hilarious relationship posts. All this time I thought this was an EV site and not one of those dating sites:). Funny you mentioned your 1450 install, I just had mine completed this morning, just looking for that right relationship I guess.
🤣 hey man, I needed my car ASAP, so I did what I had to do. There are so many posts out there of people waiting months to get their car. I was scheduled to get it in Feb due to Sept order date, but look at how that worked out. If anyone reading this wants their car asap, hit up your SA. Ask them the same questions you would ask here. Engage with them so they remember you when somebody doesn’t qualify for financing. I’m sure that’s what happened for me. Again, this is a long range order, not performance. Performance models are getting delivered this year whereas long range aren’t. So to get a LR within 2 months is pretty crazy.

OD 9/14 MYLR white on white, standard rims, no tow, no FSD
9/14: EDD Feb 2022
9/15: EDD removed
10/6: EDD 12/21-12/31
10/10: EDD 1/18-2/15
10/17: EDD 2/8-3/8
10/27: EDD 1/19-2/16
10/27: EDD 10/29-11/3
10/27: Delivery date scheduled for 10/30 @ 5pm, changed to 11/1 @ 2:30pm

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Y 2020