Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
🤣 hey man, I needed my car ASAP, so I did what I had to do. There are so many posts out there of people waiting months to get their car. I was scheduled to get it in Feb due to Sept order date, but look at how that worked out. If anyone reading this wants their car asap, hit up your SA. Ask them the same questions you would ask here. Engage with them so they remember you when somebody doesn’t qualify for financing. I’m sure that’s what happened for me. Again, this is a long range order, not performance. Performance models are getting delivered this year whereas long range aren’t. So to get a LR within 2 months is pretty crazy.

OD 9/14 MYLR white on white, standard rims, no tow, no FSD
9/14: EDD Feb 2022
9/15: EDD removed
10/6: EDD 12/21-12/31
10/10: EDD 1/18-2/15
10/17: EDD 2/8-3/8
10/27: EDD 1/19-2/16
10/27: EDD 10/29-11/3
10/27: Delivery date scheduled for 10/30 @ 5pm, changed to 11/1 @ 2:30pm
Bruuhh congrats! Lol I'm still waiting for mine. July 26 order. LR white on white, no hitch, stock wheels with FSD though lol. I need to hit my SA up. I think she hates me since I didn't realize that SAs get commission after a test drive if you order and I ordered online but didn't let her know thinking I didn't need to Loool. Congratulations though! That is exciting!

• Love
Reactions: impastu and OmarL
Bruuhh congrats! Lol I'm still waiting for mine. July 26 order. LR white on white, no hitch, stock wheels with FSD though lol. I need to hit my SA up. I think she hates me since I didn't realize that SAs get commission after a test drive if you order and I ordered online but didn't let her know thinking I didn't need to Loool. Congratulations though! That is exciting!
Oh man, I did not know that. But I did go test drive ready to place my order afterwards. I was going to do it at home since I had a referral link I was using. I asked if I can still order using the referral link and he said yes so I proceeded. Sorry to hear that that happened with you. It sounds like you ordered the same as I did, except for the FSD, which I did NOT get.

Reactions: impastu
Oh man, I did not know that. But I did go test drive ready to place my order afterwards. I was going to do it at home since I had a referral link I was using. I asked if I can still order using the referral link and he said yes so I proceeded. Sorry to hear that that happened with you. It sounds like you ordered the same as I did, except for the FSD, which I did NOT get.
I ordered online after a test drive, but I asked the advisor if I should order through him to ensure he received credit.. He said that as long as one orders the car with the same email used for the test drive the advisor gets credit for the sale.

• Informative
Reactions: OmarL and impastu
I ordered online after a test drive, but I asked the advisor if I should order through him to ensure he received credit.. He said that as long as one orders the car with the same email used for the test drive the advisor gets credit for the sale.
This is my understanding as well. During and buying our X it became clear that a specific SA is assigned to our “account”

Reactions: Iflyprops
This is my understanding as well. During and buying our X it became clear that a specific SA is assigned to our “account”
Hmmmm. After on-line chatting I placed my order. I received a call from the 'Vegas service center from one SA that said he would be my 'go to' for any questions. Tried to call him/texed his # and no reply. Called the Tesla # and ran through the press 1 for, 2 for, etc. Went back to the on-line chat and the next day received a call from a different person who said she is my 'go to' for any questions. She answered my initial ?? and then 'disappeared'/went on vacation/got another job.....got tired of all that so I just went to my DC and spoke to a gentleman there. Long story short, I'm not sure who, if i have one, is my SA.

• Funny
Reactions: ImperfectTes
1. Go to Welcome to MID :: provided by vPIC - MID
2. Enter tesla in "Name"
1635428794574.png

3. "Click search"
4. Sort by date

1635428837448.png

No 2022 vins yet

How do I read that report? Everyone has been stating that the year number has to change in January, but that is dated February. And folks claim 2021 models started being produced in Oct 2020. So something doesn’t gel

How do I read that report? Everyone has been stating that the year number has to change in January, but that is dated February. And folks claim 2021 models started being produced in Oct 2020. So something doesn’t gel
Click on the Cover Letter, last column, for details. Specifically the February document says:
To whom it may concern, this Tesla VIN decoder submission is an update to the existing Tesla MY2021 VIN decoder which includes two new digits in the 8th position of the VIN. The new digits, "5" and "6" will be used to identify the upcoming drive unit changes to the Tesla Model S and Model X.

Thank you,

Derek Yam
So they made a VIN change in February to support the Model S and X refresh 2021 VINs.

Unfortunately. I was hoping I would get a 2022 Model Y, but I was assigned a 2021 VIN yesterday.
i don't give any hope now
considering the recent price increase on model y LR, i will treat it like a discount to get the last batch of 2021 model in the end of year 2021

my EDD is now in Nov. I will be happy to get the car soon. but don't mind at all if it gets pushed to 2022.

Last edited:
Reactions: OmarL and impastu
I was really hoping Tesla would follow the same schedule for updating to new model year in October that they have done for the last 2 years but that looks like it won't be the case for 22'. I wonder if Tesla pushed 22' VINs back in hopes that they would have the casting, structural pack, 4680 cells ready in time but I have no idea. Tesla could also be scheduling VIN update to align with Gigatexas production start so that all models start with 22' but not sure.

Reactions: impastu