Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless the newer car lost ventilated seats. Occasionally Teslas lose features. I’m not trying to argue, I agree with the sentiment of everything here. So bored waiting and excited for my MYP.
Will be worth the wait! Just added pillar delete to mine
20210929_174951.jpg

Reactions: Jbapckfan
Haven't been able to validate accuracy, but relevant to this topic:

Unlike previous years, it appears that Tesla is holding 2022 models until January.

In order to sell a 2022 model (VIN date code "N") Tesla has to send NHTSA a VIN decoder 60-days before the first car. They haven't done this yet.

In previous years, Tesla sent them the VIN decoder in August for cars sold in October.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Haven't been able to validate accuracy, but relevant to this topic:
This is the first I've heard this but sounds legitimate. Getting a 21' when the 22' is just weeks away would suck but if they're really waiting until January, I don't think it's worth waiting.

Taking advantage of the increased value on my 2018 LR RWD is the primary reason I've decided to upgrade to MY and I've been nervous it could drop at any time. I know the chip shortages are still impacting new car production but valuation drops often happen quickly and I'd rather strike while the iron is hot.