Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2023 Model Y vin number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 23 model Y vin number ends in 580000. From what I gather it was build on 10/18, the first day of 23 model year. On 10/17 vins were in 574xxx range and I don't think Tesla is building MYs in thousands each day. I wonder what are the odds that I got the very first 2023 MY?

My 23 model Y vin number ends in 580000. From what I gather it was build on 10/18, the first day of 23 model year. On 10/17 vins were in 574xxx range and I don't think Tesla is building MYs in thousands each day. I wonder what are the odds that I got the very first 2023 MY?
My understanding is that the 10th digit is a P in the VIN, if its a 2023, not based on the digits at the end.

Link: https://cdn.motor1.com/pdf-files/tesla-my2023-vin-decoder.pdf

How did the delivery go and how was the build quality @Wordslayer? I have my delivery in couple of weeks.
I'll jump in. I took delivery of my Fremont-built MYLR last Friday through Carrier Direct. The last six VIND digits are 675978. It arrived at the Colorado Springs store on Tuesday of last week. Other than 300+ miles of road grime on the car it was in great shape. I did a thorough inspection and found no problems at all. I'm very pleased with this car. It's my second EV - I traded my 2019 Kia Niro EV for the MYLR.

I'll jump in. I took delivery of my Fremont-built MYLR last Friday through Carrier Direct. The last six VIND digits are 675978. It arrived at the Colorado Springs store on Tuesday of last week. Other than 300+ miles of road grime on the car it was in great shape. I did a thorough inspection and found no problems at all. I'm very pleased with this car. It's my second EV - I traded my 2019 Kia Niro EV for the MYLR.
Thats awesome to hear @Dantley . Hopefully mine would be the same without issues. Enjoy your MYLR! By the way what was the month it was built?