Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think a video of the speedo uploaded to youtube would work fine. You can check the times on the scroll bar.

I did a run today, in the rain, with 3 full grown men in the car, on a section of road with a slight curve, and it hit 6.03 seconds from 0-60 mph. I calculate that based on a frame by frame analysis of the following video.

Raw footage 0-60 mph test 1 - YouTube

0 MPH (elapsed time in the lower right corner)
start.JPG

60 MPH (possibly still showing 59 still blurring into 60)
end.JPG

Next frame is unambiguously 60 MPH
end+.JPG

I would have to say that the 5.9 second time is likely very accurate. I will try again without passengers, straight road, no rain and see how much better I get.

Last edited:
I did a run today, in the rain, with 3 full grown men in the car, on a section of road with a slight curve, and it hit 6.03 seconds from 0-60 mph. I calculate that based on a frame by frame analysis of the following video.

Raw footage 0-60 mph test 1 - YouTube

I would have to say that the 5.9 second time is likely very accurate. I will try again without passengers, straight road, no rain and see how much better I get.
I agree. Without passengers you should be able to get 5.9 seconds or under no problem.

I picked mine up from the factory this morning. left factory with range mode 1ith 197 rated miles. Made it to Harris Ranch with 26 miles left. drove speed limit the whole way. no wait for the supercharger (btw. the roadster one was out of order). charged for 45 minutes while eating lunch. Left with 176 rated miles made it tejon ranch (112 miles) with about 40 miles left. drove that stretch 70-75 mph. Had coffe at starbucks for 30 minutes left with 159 rated miles. made it home (80 miles) with 70 miles left. drove 70-75. what a drive!

I picked mine up from the factory this morning. left factory with range mode 1ith 197 rated miles. Made it to Harris Ranch with 26 miles left. drove speed limit the whole way. no wait for the supercharger (btw. the roadster one was out of order). charged for 45 minutes while eating lunch. Left with 176 rated miles made it tejon ranch (112 miles) with about 40 miles left. drove that stretch 70-75 mph. Had coffe at starbucks for 30 minutes left with 159 rated miles. made it home (80 miles) with 70 miles left. drove 70-75. what a drive!

You make it look easy!!! Congrats!

You make it look easy!!! Congrats!

Yes, indeed. Good to see this. I originally considered getting the 60 kWh trim, but ended up cancelling my reservation when I got accepted into the ActiveE program. This was of course before the super charger network was unveiled. What a great sales tool for Tesla. Mbcaffe, congrats again. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final sticker price on your Model S?

First SF to LA in a 60? Congrats!

Yes, indeed. Good to see this. I originally considered getting the 60 kWh trim, but ended up cancelling my reservation when I got accepted into the ActiveE program. This was of course before the super charger network was unveiled. What a great sales tool for Tesla. Mbcaffe, congrats again. If you don't mind me asking, what was the final sticker price on your Model S?

sure. I paid $86,184 incl. ca tax. Blue , grey leather, obeche gloss,19" wheels, tech package, sound package, air suspension, supercharger ( i was one of the lucky ones to get it included)

Got my VIN on a 60kWh last night - 3920 and was told the car was in testing. Sent in insurance and driver's license. Waiting on final paperwork. Expeced date of delivery was originally 1/31 to 2/14, but I'm hoping it is on the earlier side. Having it delivered to Chicago.

60kWh Blue/Black interior, pano, tech, sound, air

Congrats SSher, what was your seq#?

Got my VIN on a 60kWh last night - 3920 and was told the car was in testing. Sent in insurance and driver's license. Waiting on final paperwork. Expeced date of delivery was originally 1/31 to 2/14, but I'm hoping it is on the earlier side. Having it delivered to Chicago.

60kWh Blue/Black interior, pano, tech, sound, air

File this under “Misc. Good to Know.” After reading the TM Forum and TMC and doing a slow burn over not hearing from TM, and reading posts from reservation holders with much higher #s getting their VINs. I became a squeaky wheel and called Owners Experience and got my VIN. I was told the car was on schedule and I would hear from a DS soon? I live in So. CA and was concerned that the lack of communication, paperwork, etc. would delay my 1/19 to 2/2 delivery.

January 24th late afternoon. I got THE CALL, no paperwork, but the call! My DS called to set up my delivery… and by the way, your car is in our Los Angeles service center. I asked him to repeat the last sentence…”your car is right now, in our West Los Angeles service center. I was assured I would be getting some e-documents and he would bring the final papers for signing and yes, TM would accept my personal check.

So very TM…"Under Promise and Over Deliver” 4 days early. P3916/ VIN 3835. I still feel TM needs MUCH better communications.

So very TM…"Under Promise and Over Deliver” 4 days early. P3916/ VIN 3835. I still feel TM needs MUCH better communications.

I should have had my VIN two weeks before my delivery window, and my banker and I really had to scramble! I doubt I'm making mine, and it is all because of signing and payment. If Tesla Motors would get someone to sit down, create a diagram of a full process, and train everyone on it, they would have consistency and less anxious customers.

I should have had my VIN two weeks before my delivery window, and my banker and I really had to scramble! I doubt I'm making mine, and it is all because of signing and payment. If Tesla Motors would get someone to sit down, create a diagram of a full process, and train everyone on it, they would have consistency and less anxious customers.

Vexar. Sorry to say this, but be a squeaky wheel. Call Owners Experience at 877-798-3752. Ask nicely, they know they have communication problems. Tell them you need the VIN#,the final amount due, and any other info your banker wants/needs so you can get your loan approved. What surprised me is TM shipped my car before they were paid in full!!

After reading a lot of posts about unexpected delivery, I decided that when I got the delivery button, I would secure payment then. That way when the VIN email comes, I can sign paper work and send the money without any delays. Delivery is next week.