Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 15007picked up today at 1pm. Stopped by Gilroy SC and topped off while the family did some shopping. This car rocks. Worth the wait!

Was the free supercharge worth the sticker shock from the shopping?! ;)

After a hiatus of several years, my wife was surprised at my offer to take her to the Gilroy outlets one of these days :)

P3043, Fairfax, VA
Got my VIN: 3751. Delivery window is still 1/23-2/6. But since I haven't received/signed the final paperwork, I'm expecting early February.

60 kWh, pano roof, 21" wheels, Blue exterior, Matte Obeche, grey leather, tech, air suspension, parcel shelf, twin charge, supercharger, HPWC

@ dashrb
I'm P#5656, received Vin 3983 on 1/18 and told my 60kWh vehicle production would likely be done in 5-7days. I signed final paperwork on 1/20. Seems like your paperwork should be available and a phone call/email to your Tesla contact is in order. Would be good to have your car on the same truck to the DC area :)

P3043, Fairfax, VA
Got my VIN: 3751. Delivery window is still 1/23-2/6. But since I haven't received/signed the final paperwork, I'm expecting early February.

60 kWh, pano roof, 21" wheels, Blue exterior, Matte Obeche, grey leather, tech, air suspension, parcel shelf, twin charge, supercharger, HPWC

I'm P#5656 60kWh and Vin 3983. Received my Vin 1/18, final paperwork 1/20. Told 1/18, 5-7 days until car finished so would expect shipment to DC area soon. I would call/email Tesla to get your final paperwork completed so your S can get on the next transport!

I tried to get the 0-60 times for the Model S60 today but the car is so fracking fast that the accelerometer on my phone can't keep up! I need to find a better way to measure the time. It looks like the speedometer on the car is spot on (many cars read 4-5 mph too fast). I was thinking of just capturing a video of the speedo and then measuring the time between the frames that show the last 0mph to the one that shows 60mph. This is not a problem I ever anticipated having, but I love it. No regrets on the 60 in terms of performance.

I tried to get the 0-60 times for the Model S60 today but the car is so fracking fast that the accelerometer on my phone can't keep up! I need to find a better way to measure the time. It looks like the speedometer on the car is spot on (many cars read 4-5 mph too fast). I was thinking of just capturing a video of the speedo and then measuring the time between the frames that show the last 0mph to the one that shows 60mph. This is not a problem I ever anticipated having, but I love it. No regrets on the 60 in terms of performance.
Teslas are FAST. I've often felt like 88mph will put me back to 1985. There is no need to "floor it" to pass just about anything, any time. Having all that performance "headroom" is the real joy. Also, just as impressive as the accelleration is, the ability to modulate the "go pedal" to control decelleration is great. Wait until you get used to driving your Model S and you get into one of those old, low-tech vehicles that has an ICE, gears and must constantly shift and wear down break pads. :biggrin:

I have a plan to take my 60 and a 85 and a 85 perf and video the speedometers during a standing 0-85 mph blast on the same stretch of road then split screen edit it. I won't get my 60 for two weeks though ...

There are several phone based apps that claim to accurately record 0 to 60 times, as well as other items. Two are g-meter (gMeter Vehicle Performance App for iPhone, iPod, iPad) and Dynolicious (Dynolicious Fusion : Automotive Performance for iOS : Coming Soon). An article on the Dynolicious unit is here:

motivemagazine.com - Tested: 0-60 MPH Times, Dynolicious iPhone Application Versus VBox

I don't personally have any experience with these, do any of you? It would be nice to pick a standard that we could share and do informal testing of the various configurations that we have. Are there other phone based systems we should look at?

Good to hear! Let us know when you clock the 0-60.

I'm P#5656 60kWh and Vin 3983. Received my Vin 1/18, final paperwork 1/20. Told 1/18, 5-7 days until car finished so would expect shipment to DC area soon. I would call/email Tesla to get your final paperwork completed so your S can get on the next transport!

First, Congrats!!! An email this evening from Lauren said that my S was done! She is sending the paperwork for my signature, but I am closing on a house refinance tomorrow, so I can't apply for a car loan until tomorrow afternoon. We'll see how fast I can get a check from PenFed or BoA. Anyway, rest assured, I'll be going as fast as I possibly can! Then, when I actually *get* the car, I'll be going as fast as I possibly can again!

Seal the paint with what ? :confused:.

There are many options out there. The one I use is old school and prompts most to dismiss it, but I still like it. It's called Liquid Glass. There are a lot of newer products out there as well. Most of the newer ones dry quicker and are rumored to be easier to apply. LG takes a minimum of 4 hours between coats but it is better if you leave more like 12+ between coats. Usually with a new car you would want to put a bunch of layers on like 2-4, depending on how anal you are.

It helps protect the paint and makes it look slicker longer. You can put wax over it just as without it, and it only has to be reapplied about once every 6-12 months. It allows you to go longer between waxes. Some choose not to wax a car at all if they have stuff like that on it. Just a personal preference choice.

I plan to keep this car a long time. Wanna make sure I take care of it properly.

I hope that answers your question.

Cheers