Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's going to be a while honestly. I really dont think another new batch of 60s will begin until late-March. I think Tesla really wants to hit their Q1 profitability goal, so focusing on 85s will help them get there quickest. You can see my info in my sig. I got an email from my sales consultant (replying to an email from me). He didn't give any specifics, but indicated that it may be some time before I even get the Delivery button, which would signal 30 days to delivery. He said this in the context of my letting him know, I have all my ducks in a row (i.e. financing). He said no need to worry about financing until the Delivery button shows up, which is still a "ways off" in his words. I think h22a1's may have been one of the last 60s from the big batch of 60s. I really havent heard of any new deliveries ready for 60s of anyone who finalized 2/1 or later, whereas we've seen several for post 2/1 85s.

Sorry for the not-so-positive data point. Just need to try to be patient. it's tough for sure.

@jomo25, I agree with you that TSLA will try to get to Q1 profitability with 85's and then come back to rest. I've seen posts for 85 which were recently reserved and are already scheduled for delivery later this month. I think 60kwh production/delivery will again be affected by 40 likely going into production later this month. I'm preparing for a looo..oong wait (TSLA, surprise me please!), best case end of April. Frustrating and disappointing that in TSLA's view, my $80+k for 60 are not any good for Q1.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking (late April). I think they will do a batch of 40s also to say they have started them. but they do make more money on the 60s than 40s, so I expect it to be a 'token and half' number of them the get back to 60s and 85s too. They can't slip back into loss after a profit! :)

Ya, my whole delay from P4398 was due to my HOA being a PITA about my installing charging capabilities in a shared garage. I waited a long time and finally configured and got the Pre-MVPA paperwork on 1/11 when I got the 'final chance to retain pricing' email. And I still had to wait until 2/6 to sign because of the HOA. If I signed on 1/11, I'd probably already have my MS. stupid HOA.

By all appearances, I'm on target for a 3/18 delivery. I'm told it will be produced next week. #5339, VIN6406, 60kwh, super, air, pano, stereo, tech, shelf, blue/tan/ob matt. Chicago Area.

That's great to hear. I hope they do hold to that. It'll be nice to know that some 60s are trickling out. But if you check the delivery threads it's almost all 85s these last couple weeks.

Jomo25, I'm one of the oldest for those configurations being produced. Something caused mine to get off track, but despite several attempts, I haven't received any explanation. Still, it would seem very odd for mine to be the only 60 on the line.

Haven't seen any recent posts on "Delivery" button since 2/26 2/27 for any production configuration (60 or 85). With production in full swing, I would expect these to roll out regularly. It's already day 5 of the March/April delivery window with no recent delivery updates. Doesn't look like any 60s are hitting the road this month. More likely mid to later April, my guess. Anyone heard anything from Tesla or the PS?

I got a call and email from the PS on 3/1 needing my DL and Insurance info. She stated that my car was about to enter the production line and should be ready for delivery in 3 weeks. That would put my car at the end of the delivery window (3/9-3/23).

Congratulations h22a1. You're probably the lucky few who have moved to this stage recently in the delivery process. Many including myself, are still waiting for an update from Tesla. It's day 6th of the March/April delivery window and over a month since most folks configured. It's been rather quite on the delivery front.

So, I talked to "Stephanie" to discuss the whole "rear facing child seats" change on Friday. She did indicate that my order was tracking towards a "late-March to early-April" timeline and she said she would actually guess it would be late-March. No VIN yet, nor any other details, but she said if I didn't request to add the seats to my order, she would expect it to hold to that timeline.

Don't know how official or accurate that is, but it is hope...

I finally placed a call to Tesla to inquire about estimated delivery and was told the same late March - early April. It sounded a bit like guess work so not sure how close are the dates to reality. If the dates hold, the timing couldn't be worse as I am traveling for two weeks right in that timeframe. Nevertheless, I would rather have my car ready and waiting for me than have me waiting for it to go into production.

Congratulations h22a1, happy for you. I'm sure it feels great, perhaps big relief, to get out of the delivery phase as it definitely the most troubling part of the experience. One day rest of us will have a similar post. Till then we continue to wait for our Model S :smile:

I'm scheduled for pick up at the Chicago Service Center on 3/14. It left the factory already. So, its a matter of getting to Chicago and passinig inspection now. 60kwh, Super, Air, Blue/Tan, ob matte, Pano, Stereo, Shelf, Tech. Reserved 9/2011, finalized 8/2012, re-finalized with Air, 11/2012. Res: 5339, VIN 6406. CAN'T WAIT!!