Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled for pick up at the Chicago Service Center on 3/14. It left the factory already. So, its a matter of getting to Chicago and passinig inspection now. 60kwh, Super, Air, Blue/Tan, ob matte, Pano, Stereo, Shelf, Tech. Reserved 9/2011, finalized 8/2012, re-finalized with Air, 11/2012. Res: 5339, VIN 6406. CAN'T WAIT!!
Good to know, at least that's relatively recent VIN#. Wonder if its because you were an earlier finalizer. But still a good to hear.

I wouldnt be surprised if they do start a batch of 60s in the next week or so. Cu all the ones that they can claim as Q1 rev/profit would need to "sell" and deliver by end of month. So, they'd already need to be in the mfg line. 60s starting in the next week or so wouldn't deliver til early April, so no impact on Q1 #s.

@jomo25 - if 60 & 40 is all that's left (give or take a few red or std. Sespension 85) for production in Q2, it might not look good on the top line for Q2. My guess. They should have perhaps put a batch of 60s in Q1 to smoothen out the revenue curve.
I think there are still more 85s to do. but they were going to fill rest of Q1 with as much profitability as possible. Smooth is nice. but as Elon basically guaranteed profitability in Q1, profitable Q1 is much more necessary than smooth future quarters.

I think there are still more 85s to do. but they were going to fill rest of Q1 with as much profitability as possible. Smooth is nice. but as Elon basically guaranteed profitability in Q1, profitable Q1 is much more necessary than smooth future quarters.

Yes, Meet Q1 numbers, clear evident from 85s queued up for March delivery. Interestingly though, there's been an odd 60 within the batch of 85s, wonder how Tesla managed to do that? Maybe, experimenting with production of different configurations which will be the reality once the backlog clears and batching may not be optimal.

Unfortunately for me, I have to travel in April and am really hoping Tesla can give me a delivery window soon so I can firm up my travel plans around it and not scramble with delivery stuff upon my return. Good luck, hope most of us get the delivery update this week. Fingers crossed!

Picked up at Chicago service center yesterday, Vin 6904, Res 5339, 60kwh, SC, Air, Pano, Tech, Stereo, Shelf, Blue/tan/ob matte. Reserved 8/2011, Finalized 11/2012.

By checking in earlier in the week, I moved up delivery by one day. On arrival, I learned the charge chord was stuck and the charge port had to be replaced. Luckily, they had one in stock and I was able to return later. Delivery and orientation was smooth and easy. I met a new P85 owner who needed a new tire due to a puncture wound and gave him a ride home, roughly 25 miles to Northbrook. He repeatedly remarked how quick my 60 felt and that he coukdn't feel the difference between mine and his.

At home, I discovered that the electrician installed a 6-50 outlet instead of the 14-50 I had requested. Its been sitting there since October and until I had the chord in hand, I had no idea. So, I'm charging at 2mi/hr while I wait to see how quickly the outlet can be swapped.

The car is awesome. Beautiful, Comfortable, mind boggling, and WICKED fast.

At home, I discovered that the electrician installed a 6-50 outlet instead of the 14-50 I had requested. Its been sitting there since October and until I had the chord in hand, I had no idea. So, I'm charging at 2mi/hr while I wait to see how quickly the outlet can be swapped.

Note that the 14-50 requires a neutral and the 6-50 does not. Unless the neutral wire is there it may not be a matter of simply swapping out the outlet.

As I said in the delivery thread, congrats and great to hear of a 60 delivery. But noting the big gap between your finalize date and delivery vs. recent 85 finalize and delivery dates.

@jomo25, from what I've observed of the recent 60s deliveries, looks like TM has not made any 60s since the last batch in Jan. Some folks getting recently deliveries are likely the cars where the purchaser backed out and TM found someone waiting for the same configuration. I base that on the fact that the pace at which 85s are getting delivery is very impressive while there's just an odd 60 getting delivery every now and then.

I called Tesla up on Monday just to get some updates (being that I was impatient) and they indicated that my car would complete production (or was it go into production?? I forget which now...) the first week of April and that a DS would contact me shortly. I hope that is true.

I called Tesla up on Monday just to get some updates (being that I was impatient) and they indicated that my car would complete production (or was it go into production?? I forget which now...) the first week of April and that a DS would contact me shortly. I hope that is true.

Apoclyps, sorry if you already posted, but I didn't see it. When did you finalize and what config?

@Apoclyps - Early April delivery, that would be awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed! I talked to someone yesterday and their guess was mid-April given that we've not received any delivery details yet and atleast a 3 or 4 week lead time between notification and delivery. I'm traveling early April but would rather have my car finished and waiting for me rather than me waiting for it to be produced :smile:

@jomo25: yeah, sorry, my memory is pretty bad with what they said (i called from work and i was multitasking). I asked when the 60's would start production, and their reply was that they have already begun the productions of the 60s. They then asked for my RN # and said something along the lines of "yes, your car should [go into production / be completed ] the first week of April". I am being optimistic that they said "be completed". :biggrin:

So, I decided to check in with my sales guy today. He said he sees my order. No VIN yet. He thinks it could get assigned soon, but can't say when. He said his guess on when the car would be ready for delivery is mid-late April. But he's basing that on no VIN yet and that the delivery button usually is 3-5 weeks ahead of delivery ready and I dont have that yet. So, it's not likea real educated guess.

He did say I could call back early next week to check in again and there might be an update.

Needless to say, his timeline bummed me out. My rental renews each month on the 12th. I would have to re-apply for financing with my credit union on the 8th. My wife is due with our second daughter on the 20th (and I think she's gonna be a few days or so early).

I was really hoping the MS would deliver before all those dates.

@jomo25 - congrats for the 2nd child. I got a similar response from Tesla, purely a guesstimate based on 3-4 week lead time between notification & delivery. I had pushed out my travel to April hoping for a late March delivery but now it will happen (fingers crossed) smack in the middle of my trip. oh well.

I live in Fremont & it's painful to see cars getting loaded on Trucks outside the factory everyday. Uncertainty around delivery date is making the wait worse.

@Apoclyps & @Sshrivas: Thanks! Of course, that delivery is just a little more important than the MS :)! If the timing I was given today holds, it'll be interesting to see which comes first. Needless to say, it'll be a very exciting couple of weeks.

But it's a strange (even frustrating) spot to be in: waiting for two significant deliveries, neither of which I have any clue the exact date nor any control over! Makes planning a real biatch.