Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, super excited just received the delivery email. I'm out so will fill out the details later and post the delivery details. I'm charged up. Yahooooo!

Awesome! Congrats! I told you it would be this week :tongue:

I can't be too far behind then. Of course, I did order the much less popular brown, so if color batching is happening it could still be another week or so, hopefully not. Otherwise our configs are identical.

@Apoclyps -- I' m in a similar place. I reserved in November, finalized Feb 11 for a 60 with same packages except I got leather, and signed paperwork was completed Feb 16. I called tesla Friday and was told that my order "went to production" on Feb 26, so that is the date they go by. She said there wasn't a vin yet and I could expect the car late April. It doesn't seem like the cars are being produced in the order that tesla said it would (in the order they are finalized). Even tho April is sooner than the original expectation of August, it is still a little frustrating seeing others getting cars much sooner.

Thanks jomo25, Apoclyps, March29 - April 12 delivery window. I have a feeling I might get it sooner than that. Doing a factory pickup. If not, the delivery dates fall right when I'm traveling. So, let's see. Have been busy getting the garage and other stuff ready to bring model S home. Hard to say which cars make it to production line & when but perhaps color might be a factor. Its a good sign that 60s are getting delivered in bulk so yours must be right around. Hang in there with me, would love to see all of us behind the wheels soon.

BTW, got VIN by email today. 86xx

Just heard from my DS that my car will be ready as of 3/24/13. However I will not be able to make a trip to Fremont until April 5th. spoiler alert: if you schedule for 3/24/13 pickup at the factory, Elon Musk will be there to personally hand out your car keys. I wish I could be there :crying: Will have to opt for a Friday delivery in April. At least I will get to see the factory up and running in its full glory

I just got off the phone with DS also. I surprised and happy that my car will possibly be ready 3/24. I will be picking up at the factory with my 'Geek Squad' (husband and two engineer friends). I got my VIN this morning 87xx

My husband is hoping to get his wife back since I've been a frequent visitor to the board. I remind him he encourage me to get the Tesla. I'm now getting worried that he's going to want to drive it more than he said :eek:

I just got off the phone with DS also. I surprised and happy that my car will possibly be ready 3/24. I will be picking up at the factory with my 'Geek Squad' (husband and two engineer friends). I got my VIN this morning 87xx

My husband is hoping to get his wife back since I've been a frequent visitor to the board. I remind him he encourage me to get the Tesla. I'm now getting worried that he's going to want to drive it more than he said :eek:

Congrats! Mind if I ask when you finalized?

Congrats! Now that's two 60kWh orders finalized after mine that are ahead of me. Won't start to panic unless I dont see progress on mine a week from now.

jomo25, I (re)finalized on 2/6 the same as you and have not heard a peep either. No email or delivery button. I reserved over 2 years ago now, P#2993.

When I reconfigured with air and tech on 2/6 my very helpful configuration rep told me this would speed up my delivery by about 6 weeks. Now I'm beginning to think if I had just let my original order ride I may have actually have gotten my car sooner. Reconfiguring with upgrades seems to push you to the back of the queue.

And why similar configurations that finalized a couple days after our finalization have already received delivery buttons and delivery dates is a mystery indeed.

60 | air | silver | pano | tan + om | tech | sound | sc early adopter

jomo25, I (re)finalized on 2/6 the same as you and have not heard a peep either. No email or delivery button. I reserved over 2 years ago now, P#2993.

When I reconfigured with air and tech on 2/6 my very helpful configuration rep told me this would speed up my delivery by about 6 weeks. Now I'm beginning to think if I had just let my original order ride I may have actually have gotten my car sooner. Reconfiguring with upgrades seems to push you to the back of the queue.

And why similar configurations that finalized a couple days after our finalization have already received delivery buttons and delivery dates is a mystery indeed.

60 | air | silver | pano | tan + om | tech | sound | sc early adopter

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat in that I have not heard a thing in the last few weeks, and it's caused me to second guess my choices on options among other things. I finalized back around New Years but haven't received a delivery window. It makes me think there are factors other than just options that go into production batching, for instance, delivery location. After the fiasco Tesla had with the 21" tires that had to have FedEx'ed from Europe, parts availability and logistics could have an impact on which cars are going on the line. I am sure management is monitoring the production schedule with an eye to avoiding costs and reducing inefficiency, as you would expect any capitalist venture to do.

Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat in that I have not heard a thing in the last few weeks, and it's caused me to second guess my choices on options among other things. I finalized back around New Years but haven't received a delivery window. It makes me think there are factors other than just options that go into production batching, for instance, delivery location. After the fiasco Tesla had with the 21" tires that had to have FedEx'ed from Europe, parts availability and logistics could have an impact on which cars are going on the line. I am sure management is monitoring the production schedule with an eye to avoiding costs and reducing inefficiency, as you would expect any capitalist venture to do.
I'm still waiting...looking at your config, I'd say the standard suspension is probably a factor. I think those just barely went into production?

So I called again. This time the person on the line wasn't so optimistic and wouldn't really give me a timeframe: "expect the car to be ready in 1 to 2 months". Said that my order was submitted to the Factory (Feb 26), but that they would be building cars based on configuration. Ah well. need something to do to keep my mind off this. LOL.