Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm schedule for factory pick-up 3/30@9am. I left a message for DS coordinator and got a call from DS who told me they were on delivery push to be profitable this quarter. He indicated they did shuffle the delivery schedule and asked if I was okay with picking up my car before the end of the quarter, but he didn't want to pressure me.

As an update on mine:
Got in touch with my IDS yesterday (didnt even know i had an IDS assigned!). He's saying the system says mine is targeted to roll off the line ready for delivery on 4/22. No VIN yet. Not started production yet. Disappointed its still a month away given other very similar configs that finalized after mine show much earlier. I guess color choice may be the delay. Trying to remain patient.

As an update on mine:
Got in touch with my IDS yesterday (didnt even know i had an IDS assigned!). He's saying the system says mine is targeted to roll off the line ready for delivery on 4/22. No VIN yet. Not started production yet. Disappointed its still a month away given other very similar configs that finalized after mine show much earlier. I guess color choice may be the delay. Trying to remain patient.

I'm there with you re: patience (although I finalized a few weeks later than you). At least you have an DS assigned and got a fixed date. all i got was 1-2 months. So based on your ETA, mine will probably be in May. :cursing:

I'm there with you re: patience (although I finalized a few weeks later than you). At least you have an DS assigned and got a fixed date. all i got was 1-2 months. So based on your ETA, mine will probably be in May. :cursing:

That may be the timeline you tell yourself to keep expectations in check. But as we've seen, there's no clear telling that yours would be that far out.it could be closer. Esp. with your more common color choice. If they decide to do a batch of black, you'd probably catch that wave and could be ahead of me even!

Thanks for invite. Your res # is a couple numbers higher than mine. checked my app today and still no delivery date. will keep everyone posted.

60kWh, white, tan, pano, super, twin, HPWC, AAS, tech
reserve date 2/4/2013
pMVPA 2/14/2013
MAR/APR est time frame on pMVPA

It's been a while, I got the delivery button last Saturday and since has been a crazy week. I had to get rid of ICE before delivery, Autonation gave a ridiculous quote for trade-in Monday morning, so decided to sell the car by myself. Ran around to get the smog check etc done to sell the car in CA. Finally, sold it in Thursday. Next, got the garage ready to welcome ModelS. Finished with online payment etc. The VIN came through in email on 3/18. It showed up in iPhone app today. Now, relaxed and getting ready for pickup from the factory on 3/27, two days before estimated delivery date & before I set out on two week trip.

Tesla has been awesome on all fronts once the delivery button showed up. They are flooded with the deiivery load but the folks are working really hard to make it a great experince for customers. They seem to share our excitement to help get us behind the wheel. Have never had this experience in buying any other car or for that matter in purchasing other things too. Last I remember of such experience was when I bought the first iPhone & iPad. Definitely, made in Fremont is the new made in Cupertino. Really, have a lot respect for the folks at Tesla, great jobs you guys.

@jomo25 - expect You delivery sooner & be prepared for it. There's a lot to take care of before delivery but the excitement to be part of this phenomenon is just too immense to handle it all with ease.

@Sshrivas - Congrats on getting things together so quickly! Is that only 11 days from the time your delivery button showed up till the time your car is actually being delivered? That seems like a record short time. I am very happy for you. I well remember following your posts.

I take encouragement from your story. I also re-finalized on 2/6 upping to air with the assurance it would speed up my delivery by 4 - 6 weeks which was my only reason for doing so. But having not yet received a delivery button I now believe I may have gotten my car sooner without refinalizing given my low P#. Your story gives me, and others no doubt, hope that when the delivery button does show up it might not take as long thereafter as we've been previously seeing.

@jomo25 - expect You delivery sooner & be prepared for it. There's a lot to take care of before delivery but the excitement to be part of this phenomenon is just too immense to handle it all with ease.
Congrats again Sshrivas! Glad it is really happening for you! I am all set for the car's arrival. I've got the loan. I dont need to trade in a car, just return the rental. I have the contractor installing my GE Wattstation in the next few weeks (I have alternate charging means I can use until then, if its not done before my MS arrives). Parking space in our garage are otherwise all set. I've got the set of floor mats and an extra J1772 adapter (since I will be so dependent upon it) on order as well.

But since my last update:
As an update on mine:
As of today, still no change.

Congrats! Now that's two (update: four) 60kWh orders finalized after mine that are ahead of me. Won't start to panic unless I dont see progress on mine a week from now (update: which is today).
I'm trying REAL hard to be the shepherd.

Website updated to say my 60 is being built...dare i believe it? Only reserved 3/18, MVPA 3/20. Maybe I hit the magic config?

60kWh
dark metalllic blue
black leather/obeche gloss
active air
tech pkg
19"
pano roof
sound studio
deposit 3/18
MVPA 3/20

Website updated to say my 60 is being built...dare i believe it? Only reserved 3/18, MVPA 3/20. Maybe I hit the magic config?

60kWh
dark metalllic blue
black leather/obeche gloss
active air
tech pkg
19"
pano roof
sound studio
deposit 3/18
MVPA 3/20

Mine's said that for several weeks now, and the reps tell me I am still more than 30 days away (I don't have a delivery window or a VIN). So I don't think that message is to be taken literally - although I'd love to be wrong . . .

Boo. I'm going to pretend that mine is really being built but...at least you are in CA so no ship time! I really thought it would be a much longer wait anyway...just now that I'm this close the excitement is ridiculous!

Welcome BtrflyL8e. Yeah, we all get the "The Factory is building your Model S" line on the My Tesla page. It sits that way for weeks. We're in SoCal so there's still shipping time. I am there with you on the waiting and excitement. I thought I was OK with a Summer completion...but when the pMVPA said 2 months, I became obsessed with the forums and reading up on so many other people receiving their little precious. The later timeframe was OK with me, as it would allow me to save more...but waiting is such..... a pain! Especially when I started to see Model S's on the road to and from work.

Welcome BtrflyL8e. Yeah, we all get the "The Factory is building your Model S" line on the My Tesla page. It sits that way for weeks. We're in SoCal so there's still shipping time. I am there with you on the waiting and excitement. I thought I was OK with a Summer completion...but when the pMVPA said 2 months, I became obsessed with the forums and reading up on so many other people receiving their little precious. The later timeframe was OK with me, as it would allow me to save more...but waiting is such..... a pain! Especially when I started to see Model S's on the road to and from work.

Not as long as the ship time to FL :cool: It would be an interesting study for some psychologists since I'm sure we all start exhibiting similar behaviors as soon as we reserve...scouring forums, reviews, pictures...I guess I'll focus on getting thingsbready, like installing the outlet, buying rear floormats, etc. Maybe I can find a Dr. Willing to put me in a medically induced coma until delivery day!

I received an email last week from Tesla and was told to expect my car in Denver in 8 days! That set off a mad scramble to sell a car, install 14-50, arrange financing, and clean out the garage. I had been expecting a 30 day notice. 2 days later I received another email from Tesla: "it’s looking like we’ll have a completed car within the first few weeks of April, not by the end of March as it seemed when we spoke yesterday . . . ."