Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

I got a delivery button!!!!! *deep breath* *deep breath*

LOL, that is great Apoclyps! And that delivery window starts just a few days away! Are you doing home delivery or going to the service center?

In reviewing my paperwork, it looks as though air suspension was actually erroneously added when I added my jumpseats. (In fact, we caught it once, but they had another error on my pre-MVPA and missed that they added the air suspension in the 2nd time). That's on me for not catching it. I should not be reviewing these things in haste when I am at work.

But it means I must be coming up in the queue. No button yet.

- - - Updated - - -

After seeing your post...checked mine and indeed I have my delivery button too!

Grats to you too! Looks like a batch of 60s coming up . . .

Congrats to xhawk also! I suspect brown is what my hold up. Cuz nothing else about my order should be causing it to get bypassed repeatedly.

At this point, I half-expecting an email from Tesla saying that 'because the low take rate on the brown, we're discontinuing the color and will replace it with white and provide the buyer with brown-shaded sunglasses for all existing orders.'

LOL, that is great Apoclyps! And that delivery window starts just a few days away! Are you doing home delivery or going to the service center?

In reviewing my paperwork, it looks as though air suspension was actually erroneously added when I added my jumpseats. (In fact, we caught it once, but they had another error on my pre-MVPA and missed that they added the air suspension in the 2nd time). That's on me for not catching it. I should not be reviewing these things in haste when I am at work.

But it means I must be coming up in the queue. No button yet.

I will be picking it up at the Costa Mesa SC :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats to xhawk also! I suspect brown is what my hold up. Cuz nothing else about my order should be causing it to get bypassed repeatedly.

At this point, I half-expecting an email from Tesla saying that 'because the low take rate on the brown, we're discontinuing the color and will replace it with white and provide the buyer with brown-shaded sunglasses for all existing orders.'

LOL! or white and throw dirt on it.

Add one more 60 - Got delivery button today! Great timing with the Q1 profitability announcement. I'm hoping the delay may have allowed more focus on QC such as the dead battery issues (swegman and others) and windshield cracking etc.

P14580
Reserved:11/25/12
Finalized:2/14
Delivery button: 4/1
Window: 4/15 - 4/29 - Rockville Service Center

60 kWh, standard white, tan, obeche matte, pano, tech, air, kids seats

and oh I did pay for Supercharging :/

Trekker

Delivery button appeared today as well - must be a big lot of us getting them today. Delivery survey has been completed and window provided was March 30th - April 13th.

My VIN has finally revealed itself via the iPhone app!! My Grey 60kWH beauty is alive!!

I had called into Tesla earlier this week to check in on things and was finally given a more dialed in delivery date of March 30th thru April 12th. Not going to meet the original Feb/March when I finalized, but I guess that is one of the drawbacks of ordering a 60 and not an 85. I ran to my computer to see if the "Delivery" button was available but it has not yet appeared. Regardless, since we haven't seen much in the way of "delivery details" from my fellow 60ers I thought I should share.

Reservation #: 15,306
Order Finalized: 1.21.13
VIN: P07605 - appeared 3.29.13
Delivery: TBD

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery, but given I reside in Kansas City, I fear I've added another week or so waiting on the damned delivery truck! Any other 60's get an update today?

Apparently they are still misleading us with the Standard Suspension and not producing them. I was given VERBALLY delivery windows of Apr 1 and then Apr 10 but still no emails or buttons or any other communication. I guess we will continue to be on the waiting list until they tell us "we thought it over and decided not to build the standard suspension cars and you will be given a AAS with a software lockout until you pay us $2000"

Hi All,
So I am jonesin' for our S (60 with standard) - emailed them today - they stated that likely delivery time is May :(. Placed reservation 2/2012 ..... :cursing:
Congrats to those one step closer. :smile:
Happy about my TSLA holding today though.

Hi All,
So I am jonesin' for our S (60 with standard) - emailed them today - they stated that likely delivery time is May :(. Placed reservation 2/2012 ..... :cursing:
Congrats to those one step closer. :smile:
Happy about my TSLA holding today though.
After 3 separate communications with the TESLA people, I now dont believe anything they say, if they wont put it in an email, it has no value. As far as your stock, as a financial guy I think there is where you may have made out pretty well, but I would sell at this point and take the profit and run. If the vast majority of us long time reservation holders keep getting pushed back, there will be plenty of cancellations and next quarter may not be as good. They cannot keep filling the orders with only cars that cost over $85k sooner or later those orders will slow down.

After 3 separate communications with the TESLA people, I now dont believe anything they say, if they wont put it in an email, it has no value. As far as your stock, as a financial guy I think there is where you may have made out pretty well, but I would sell at this point and take the profit and run. If the vast majority of us long time reservation holders keep getting pushed back, there will be plenty of cancellations and next quarter may not be as good. They cannot keep filling the orders with only cars that cost over $85k sooner or later those orders will slow down.

I agree - I understand the logic behind their actions. Early adopters on one hand should be rewarded to some extent (in building brand loyalty) but right now, it is not what TM is all about. Ask yourself, would you reserve the Model X as of right now? I certainly have no motivation to do that based on my current experience. Tesla is all about one thing right now, momentum - remember AAPL? :redface:

Yet, here we are still waiting for our 60's with std suspension ..... Agree completely on S's over 85k - only so many consumers that can afford it (but perhaps enough to drive the momentum for now). I am also uncertain on cancellations - does not seem that there are too many to make a difference for next quarter.
It is frustrating but I do hope that the Germans get in on this and soon there will be many more choices for EVs out there.:cursing:

I will be picking it up at the Costa Mesa SC :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

LOL! or white and throw dirt on it.

To be completely honest, white with black roof was our second choice to brown. Really the only ones we considered since our last 6 cars have been grey or silver.

Right now, I'd take a dirty, undetailed white with black roof just to know there's an actual end to this roller coaster ride.

To be completely honest, white with black roof was our second choice to brown. Really the only ones we considered since our last 6 cars have been grey or silver.

Right now, I'd take a dirty, undetailed white with black roof just to know there's an actual end to this roller coaster ride.

Ditto!!!! I have other toys to play with so not complaining too much but I want my Model S! :cool:

Sorry Jomo25 and others for the endless ride that you all are on. I really don't see why paint color should be an issue, but what do I know. Hopefully you all will get your button soon.

You egging me on? No button yet. I guess they wait til they get a good batch of a color first. And that might be taking a while with my brown! Dammit!

Hmmm. I only show brown as 3% of the total orders, so hopefully they aren't waiting for the next batch. I'm sure they just ran out of paint and had to go to the store to buy some more. Sorry to egg you on.