Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chris S is either at the Scottsdale store or the new (not yet opened?) service center, I believe. He called me from a 480 number. And when I called him back one time, I got someone at the Scottsdale store. Replied to your PM about other details you asked. Hope yours is on its way on the same truck!

Congratulations Jomo. How're you juggling two new born's? I'm sure your daughter will love the smooth, quite comfortable ride. Waiting for the pics !!!!
Thanks Sshrivas! Juggling OK so far. Though my wife is jealous since she had to focus on the baby while I took delivery and "played" a little bit...

I posted some initial pics and comments in the Delivery thread here: Model S Delivery Update - Page 485

Picked up the car!! Happy happy! Thanks to Ben at the CM SC!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 354
Thanks everyone! Sold car at Carmax too and that was hassle-free. Car gets some getting used to. Much wider and bigger than my old 350z. Got a few thumbs up and had a woman inquire about the make and model. My sisters and their kids are oohing and ahhhing. Gotta be careful as i only have 110v charging at home (bulk of charging will be at work for the time being).

Congrats!! Beautiful car!!! Still jealous since my res number is a tad higher than yours, but I can wait a couple weeks. Also....I like the 60 badge....plan on keeping mine. I will never need the range of an 85 so im proud of my 60 badge. On the other hand, if they made a P60 I'd jump on it!!

At first, I hated the idea of a 60 badge. Then when I got my car, I was indifferent. Now, it's beginning to grow on me. At least to the point that I'll keep it on for now. Can always remove it later, I suppose. If I can get "P" to make my own P60, now that would be interesting haha.

Also, I updated my sig with other relevant info...

Looks great! How was the pickup at the Costa Mesa SC? I am thinking about doing that rather than home delivery.

Pickup was great. The SC is in an area that has low traffic (at least on Sat), Ben did his one hour talk to cover all the functions (i tried to read as much as I could before but still wasnt up to speed with everything), took the car for a spin around the block so i could get used to it (he pointed out stuff on the drive). Then i left the car there to go to Carmax to sell my car and picked up my S afterwards. There were numerous cars on the lot, some new some getting work done. There were some Roadsters on the street too.

guys happy to report that took delivery yesterday of or Model S at Rockville. Couldn't be happier! Jamee was an awesome DS!

P08293 Standard White, 60, Tech, Pano, Air, Leather, Jump seats. Ordered in November, finalized 2/15
There was a Blue 8199 and several others being prepped for delivery as well and several Roadsters in for service
Photos to come soon.

Last edited:
guys happy to report that took delivery yesterday of or Model S at Rockville. Couldn't be happier! Jamee was an awesome DS!

P08293 Standard White, 60, Tech, Pano, Air, Leather, Jump seats. Ordered in November, finalized 2/15
There was a Blue 8199 and several others being prepped for delivery as well and several Roadsters in for service
Photos to come soon.

Congrats Treker!!

So a little more details of my pickup now that I am at a computer instead of my iphone. All the reading of the forums couldn't prepare me for the onslaught of info/functionality of the car. Or maybe i have very bad short term memory or super excited. I went over the "Delivery to do list" the night before, but when I got there...i completely forgot about it.

Ben tried to scare me and said that the car was still on a truck on the way down the 5 freeway (i didn't really buy it, but played along). j/k he says. Paperwork was of course first, and I dropped down the last 2 payments (2 different banks) and signed all the necessary papers. He handed over the key fobs and we walked over to the car. We took a walk around the car, and I took a pic in the sun. the car has the 60 badge and the mats. Forgot to check rear seats for mats (and still haven't). The first thing he did was pull out the UMC (for me, it is short for umbilical cord :biggrin:). Pointed out the color changes, the locking mechanism and to make sure you unlock the car before trying to unplug or plug in. I asked him if the UMC was 18 feet long. Apparently I was the first person to ask cuz he thought it was 15'. They actually went to measure it and learned that it was approximately 19'. Ben went over the basics of turning on the car, cruise control, the scroll wheels on steering wheel and then onto the touchscreen. I had 184 rated miles on the car when we got into the car for the tutorial (they apparently charged it fully?) On going over Slacker, Ben was impressed that I actually use Slacker on a daily basis. I typed in "The world is full of crashing bores" and cool music started playing (He even liked my music choice and he knew the bands. lol).

Took the car for a spin around the block to get a feel for the car then reparked at the SC. I then headed off to Carmax to sell my Z. When I returned to the SC, I smiled at a couple picking up a White S (not sure what battery size) and some guy in a dolphin gray S came in to get the rear seats installed. I then got into my car and went to get Peets Coffee to pick up some whole beans for my sister. This is where a warning light popped up saying my car had tire pressure issues (funny cuz I specifically asked Ben about this issue and he said my car was properly set to the right tire pressure). After calling Tesla about it they said to come in...but the warning light disappeared so I didn't bother. No signs of this since then. Played some appropriate songs "Tesla Girls" and "Electricity" (both songs from the same band...kudos if you know who), then headed to my sister's house, where I played chauffeur for her and her 2 kids. Got some thumbs up when I picked up the coffee, and got a few taking pics of the car. I even had one lady roll down her window to ask what kind of car it was. The "Tesla Time" wasn't as bad as I thought. By the end of the day, I got the car down to 99 miles by the time I got home. I plugged her into the 110v outlet, and was getting 3 mi/hr of charge. When I awoke, I had around 123 mi rated. The entire time, I had range anxiety (couldnt' afford the 85 and was hoping I could manage with the 60).

So I am at work trying to catch up from last week. An opportunity to try out the GE Wattstations that the company installed and the J adapter provided by Tesla. Some initial thoughts.

My company (or perhaps GE) installed these chargers with the small EVs in mind. The spaces are super narrow, and if I park in them, i am touching the lines on both sides. :confused: Tough if all these spots are going to be taken, and they usually are. Parking head first, the cable was about 4 feet short. Might reach if i lay the cable on top of the car instead of going around the base of the car (hell no!). So I had to back into the spot. This is a problem because the charge ports are in a one way row, and when at work the spaces on the opposite side will be taken, making backing into these stalls problematic. My solution is to charge later in the afternoon (around 3 or 4pm) when the early birds (who usually park across from the charging stations) leave. Hopefully. The ports are giving me between 14 - 18 mi/hr. fluctuating around 201v, 29-30A. For some reason, i was expecting something higher. Fortunately I came to work this morning and took advantage of the 3 hours of free charging/day. I had a lot of other errands to do for the rest of the day.

I had the oddest dream (nightmare??) on just 1 day of taking ownership. Any psycho-analysts out there? I was in a parking lot full of S's and I couldn't find mine...the app was telling me where I left it but when I got there, no car present. After searching and searching, I found it on a flatbed being towed. After some curt exchanges I got my car, and drove off...and drove over some kids laying on the street.

Awesome write up Apoclyps! Congrats again!

I have to do the full write up at some point. It can be a long one. I may have to do it in chapters :) I'm taking the car in for tinting and clear bra (I decided on full frontal coverage) on Monday night, and it'll be done on Tuesday night. Then I'll detail her and take some great pics, perhaps next weekend. That's my deadline for at least Chapter 1!

I'm also having a tough time cuz in addition to Tesla Time to deal with, I've got "EVSE Time" due to those who knew the ordeal I had to go thru to get the charger installed at our condo. And of course, I've got "new daughter time" as well. So, any venture out of my unit usually includes about 10-20 min of chatting with folks about 1-3 of the items above haha...

BTW, out of curiosity, do you have the new handles? Being only 200 off of my VIN, I assume you do.

Awesome write up Apoclyps! Congrats again!

I have to do the full write up at some point. It can be a long one. I may have to do it in chapters :) I'm taking the car in for tinting and clear bra (I decided on full frontal coverage) on Monday night, and it'll be done on Tuesday night. Then I'll detail her and take some great pics, perhaps next weekend. That's my deadline for at least Chapter 1!

I'm also having a tough time cuz in addition to Tesla Time to deal with, I've got "EVSE Time" due to those who knew the ordeal I had to go thru to get the charger installed at our condo. And of course, I've got "new daughter time" as well. So, any venture out of my unit usually includes about 10-20 min of chatting with folks about 1-3 of the items above haha...

BTW, out of curiosity, do you have the new handles? Being only 200 off of my VIN, I assume you do.

there are new door handles? LOL. My car would have been in the same production run as yours, so what you have I should too.

I typed in "The world is full of crashing bores" and cool music started playing (He even liked my music choice and he knew the bands. lol).

I have a dumb question - is there a way to bring up the search box for Slacker without first using the voice command to "play such and such"?

Played some appropriate songs "Tesla Girls" and "Electricity"
OMD! Another somewhat appropriate one is "Speed of Light"

Finally, it's been a while since I visited this thread (funny how that happens once you get your car) but I gotta say I'm not a fan of the new 60 and 85 badges. I liked how, aside from the performance-only CF trim and different seats, one couldn't really be sure what each Model S had without deciphering the VIN.

I wonder if I can get free rear floor mats, but I'd take fog lights over floor mats any day.