Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 60kWH delivery notice or email - who will it be?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's essentially how I do it. I use a J1772 at home. So, when I approach the car, handles pop out, car unlocks, and the port is dark blue if its finished charging. Then I pull the trigger on the J1772, port turns light blue, then I pull the J1772 nozzle out and then I pull the adapter immediately after. Otheriwse it locks back. I read somewhere people said to can pull the whole J1772 nozzle and adapter combo out, then detach the adapter. BT honestly, I've not gotten that to work yet.
A small follow up to my post about removing a J1772 nozzle and adapter. I have since figured out how to do this. What I realized is that if I press the trigger to release the J1772 and hold it for a couple of seconds before trying to remove it, then the whole port turns light blue and I can remove the whole nozzle/adapter combo out in one piece (I use both hands to properly support and pull). Then I remove the adapter from the nozzle. Previously I couldnt get it to do this. But I realize I was trying t pull the nozzle out too quickly.

Off topic but I wanted to follow up on that previous side conversation. Carry on.

A small follow up to my post about removing a J1772 nozzle and adapter. I have since figured out how to do this. What I realized is that if I press the trigger to release the J1772 and hold it for a couple of seconds before trying to remove it, then the whole port turns light blue and I can remove the whole nozzle/adapter combo out in one piece (I use both hands to properly support and pull). Then I remove the adapter from the nozzle. Previously I couldnt get it to do this. But I realize I was trying t pull the nozzle out too quickly.

Off topic but I wanted to follow up on that previous side conversation. Carry on.

Hahaha. I figured that out too, but didnt post so as to not look like a noob (even though I am)

Hi Guys,

Hope you all had a good long weekend and enjoyed the trips on Model S. It's been about 2 months with the model S and I'm loving every day & drive with the car. This weekend was our first real road trip and we drove around 600 miles. We traveled North of San Francisco visiting Wineries (Cappola, Clos Du Bois), town of Ukiah, Redwood trees and the coastal town of Fort Bragg. Overall a great and enjoyable trip. Never had any issues with range even though we were driving through the hilly area. We stayed a night in Ukiah at Super 8 which has an EV charger. The owner here is very nice and allowed us to charge (did range charge) overnight for free. Next day, we drove to Redwood tree area and drove Model S through Chandelier tree and then to tree house and Confusion hill. After a short creek side picnic, we headed over to Fort Bragg along CA-20. Here we charged at the Beechcomber Inn. The folks here were very helpful as there was an ICE car parked right next to the EV charger. So they allowed us to park next to the curb and let the Model S juice up. With an overnight charge (range charge), we headed back home stopping at Clos Du Bois winery. They have big solar installation here and allow EVs charge free, all on Solar. After some wine tasting, we headed back home stopping in Berkeley for a late lunch and got back home with 65 miles in rated range left.

No surprise, Tesla got a lot of attention on this route. Lots of thumbs up, folks taking picture of the car and I did take time to show the car to people. Most were surprised with the range of the car and that we covered nearly 600 miles almost for free. Hopefully, we get some super-chargers along the 101 N or I-5N soon, would love to drive up to Seattle from here. Till then, keep smiling and have fun in Model S.

Here are a few pics from the trip

At Francis Ford Coppola Winery
DSC_2559.JPG

Entering the Chandelier tree

DSC_2584.JPG

Made it to the other side
DSC_2586.JPG

Charging at Clos Du Bois Winery, free with Solar power
DSC_2708.JPG

Charging at Super 8 in Ukiah

photo.JPG