Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I'd share some of the first accessories I've added to our MY. Please note, I have no association with any of the vendors or manufacturers.

Quick bandit license plate holder $129
I'm really impressed with this. Front plates are required in VA and the front mount that comes with the car isn't great. Neither is the rear license plate frame, but we'll get to that in a minute. A little pricey, but it installs quickly and is very secure. Really happy with this.
IMG_0487.jpeg

Rightcar Solutions silicone license plate frame. $14.99
The rear license plate frame is pretty flimsy and I wanted something that wouldn't rattle. It's thicker than the license plate frame Tesla provides, so I secured it with M5x0.8x8mm stainless steel socket head screws (vs. the 6mm OEM). Nice tight fit and for the price, also happy with this. The blue isn't a perfect match, but I'm OK with it.
IMG_0489.jpg

ShockFlow Performance Pedals $9.95
I looked at a number of options and I liked that these mirror the true OEM style Performance pedals. And the price point was nice, too! If you've considered these but have heard horror stories on how hard they are to install, that wasn't my experience. Probably three minutes total to remove the brake cover and install the two new pedal covers, plus two additional minutes to warm each with a hair dryer.
IMG_0491.jpeg

Evannex Center Caps, $19.95
I prefer the look of the alloy rims (and have plans for Tsportline, but in a few months) and these cover the hub nicely. They snap in very securely, and I'll likely need a trim removal tool if I ever need to remove them.
IMG_0484.jpeg IMG_0488.jpeg

Other thoughts... After ordering our MY and before delivery, I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and bought the Tesla adapter. I also bought Reverse Logic jack pads and a first aid kit to keep in the car, just in case.

I'm planning a DIY ceramic application in a couple weeks, that's the next big thing.