Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Annual Service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had my first annual service this week. Wasn't a year since I got my car, but it had a couple thousand miles on it when I got it and hit the 12,500 mark. I wanted to take time to let you all know how it went since I was very impressed by the service team. First, I live in Northern Virginia, and the Tyson's dealership was packed. Almost bumper to bumper cars everywhere. Of course, they couldn't give me a tesla loaner, which was understandable given the amount of cars there. I was ok with that... but it really reinforced how much I really love my car. They initially informed me that the annual service costs $500 (or was it $550?) and I told them I knew, and also gave a list of issues I had with my car along with the annual service:

One rear light was out, Driver's mirror did not open in the cold, windshield wipers didn't clean the windshield properly, there was a rattle somewhere in the rear right of the car, and there was a scuff mark on the rear bumper I couldn't get out that I thought was under the clear coat.

They called me up and said both right wheels were bent and the tires were abnormally worn on that side as a result. The total was $1,000. I was not happy about this, and did some searches on the tires. Pretty much $205 or so each online, and local wheel repair places said most damaged rims they will fix for $150-175. But then I saw that I could get brand new OEM rims for not much more than that and decided against fixing. I decided to pay instead. To my surprise, they didn't charge me for the annual service. Only for the wheels. And they fixed every single issue on my car. I was really pleased in the end, and they were very prompt with giving me text message updates the entire time. I wasn't very happy with another "bent wheel" story, but it turned out good in the end.

your car comes with 4 years of warranty, why wouldn't they fix your issues?

are these the 21 inch wheels that are getting bent?

probably the only thing worth noting on the 1 year service is the drive unit fluid change. everything else is a joke to be honest for that price..

Reactions: jaguar36
your car comes with 4 years of warranty, why wouldn't they fix your issues?

are these the 21 inch wheels that are getting bent?

probably the only thing worth noting on the 1 year service is the drive unit fluid change. everything else is a joke to be honest for that price..

As far as fixing issues and warranty... Yes, I understand that, just wanted to let people know my experience. No issues, no questions, just did it. Some people have had negative service experiences, hence why I mentioned it.

No, just the 19" wheels. I had heard of all of the 21" wheel comments, and vowed to never own them due to that. Guess it caught me anyway!

Yeah, the basic services in the 1 year are a joke. (Wipers, Rotate Tires, etc) But I didn't pay for any of that at least. (Only for the stupid wheel bends) Doing drive fluid change and car inspection was more important. I know I cold go virtually anywhere for the tires/wipers, the wipers I could even do myself, but not sure who would be actually qualified to diagnose any tesla issues other than tesla.

As far as fixing issues and warranty... Yes, I understand that, just wanted to let people know my experience. No issues, no questions, just did it. Some people have had negative service experiences, hence why I mentioned it.

No, just the 19" wheels. I had heard of all of the 21" wheel comments, and vowed to never own them due to that. Guess it caught me anyway!

Yeah, the basic services in the 1 year are a joke. (Wipers, Rotate Tires, etc) But I didn't pay for any of that at least. (Only for the stupid wheel bends) Doing drive fluid change and car inspection was more important. I know I cold go virtually anywhere for the tires/wipers, the wipers I could even do myself, but not sure who would be actually qualified to diagnose any tesla issues other than tesla.

wow. im pretty surprised the 19's would bend, do you run over a lot of pot holes or something?

most of my bad experience has been from their workmanship, never had an issue with them "fixing" things, its the "fix" that is sub par is the problem.

wow. im pretty surprised the 19's would bend, do you run over a lot of pot holes or something?

most of my bad experience has been from their workmanship, never had an issue with them "fixing" things, its the "fix" that is sub par is the problem.

I don't hit a lot of potholes. And the few I have noticed were relatively small. I was really surprised that it could happen on the 19s as well.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of fit and finish issues in general. One of which was my bumper scuff. In this case, they buffed it out just fine, and they replaced my side mirror completely, which also works fine. I was very pleased with all of the work they did.

My wife is in the process of scheduling work for her Model X... so we'll see how they do on that one.