Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

first around the world EV race starts May 2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As soon as the car gets fixed he should drive back to the spot and complete the last 32km just for the show. He won't make it in 80 days for sure, but he at least completed the trip.

Still a very, very, very cool trip!

As soon as the car gets fixed he should drive back to the spot and complete the last 32km just for the show. He won't make it in 80 days for sure, but he at least completed the trip.

Still a very, very, very cool trip!

That 32km was just to the east west line. Around the world. Really just proving a point.

I think he wants to get back home, to his starting point in Barcelona.

Looking like it might be back in action sooner than later. Apparently, have 5 Tesla techs on the case.

A19CiaACYAA_zf3.jpg

Rafael's tweets:

3 days ago:
noooooooooo!!!!!! game over! +++ I'm fine!!!!
16 hours ago:
Tesla is repairing KIT with 5 technicians in parallel! +++ Tesla esta reparando KIT con 5 technicos en parallel!
11 hours ago:
KIT is smiling again :)))
4 hours ago:
Chief painter works on the car painting till the night so that tomorrow morning the pieces shall be dry and ready to be mounted!

The speed of this is incredible. I couldn't even get an insurance adjuster out in this time frame, and at this rate it looks the KIT is going to be back on the road in a matter of days. They've even given the battery a full standard-mode charge, in anticipation.

It has been quite depressing to see OVMS's view of the front of Rafael's car:

kit.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing that go blue again...

That is amazing! Can he still beat them then? Someone should throw him a massive party in Spain when he arrives.

He estimated they could get to Strasbourg in 10 days. They are still in Moscow. You can see their position on their site, or 1e-race.com.

Tesla have really pulled all the stops out here. Incredible work. I just worry about the insurance. Not sure how it works in Germany, but out here it is painful.

He estimated they could get to Strasbourg in 10 days. They are still in Moscow. You can see their position on their site, or 1e-race.com.

Tesla have really pulled all the stops out here. Incredible work. I just worry about the insurance. Not sure how it works in Germany, but out here it is painful.

Maybe Tesla will work with him if insurance doesn't and write it off as a marketing expense if they're allowed to do that as a public company.

So if you want to get your car fixed quickly, you should be trying to set a world record I guess?

Drive in the right lane with plenty of buffer please!:smile: Wish him the best of luck on completing his journey and taking the record. Must have been an amazing adventure. I hope he's putting together a documentary since it looks like he filmed most of his trip.

Tesla returned the car to him, repaired, on time. He drove back to the site of the accident, and then continued his journey west.

By my calculations, he's now past his previous most easterly point, and has driven around the world. He is now on the road, continuing his journey home to his original starting point.

Congratulations, Rafael. And, congratulations to Tesla too, for an amazing car and service team.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883106.089564.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883599.506636.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883501.811932.jpg

P.S. Tesla updated their Facebook cover photo.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346883653.012476.jpg

Congratulations, Rafael. And, congratulations to Tesla too, for an amazing car and service team.

P.S. Tesla updated their Facebook cover photo.

View attachment 9477

Spectacular work from the Tesla mechanics. I'd like to send them a direct congratulations message (anyone have an email address for them?).

They've definitely got us covered. Glad to be a Tesla customer and supporter.