TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Australia - New Zealand sighting of a Tesla at:

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by alpal, May 27, 2016.

1. alpal

alpal Member

How about we start a thread where, instead of posting photos of previously unsighted Teslas (don't get me wrong, I like that thread), people can also post photos of their Tesla being in a place (city, monument, view ...) for the first time ever. (I can hear the cheers already! What a great idea! Huzzah!)

I'll volunteer to keep a register of photos and the names of the current claimants for a location etc. The photos supplied will need to be dated (??) and have your Tesla clearly identifiable (up to you how you convince me of the date - my opinion will be final, no correspondence will be entered into etc [if you think that implies a potential element of bribery - well hmmph - I'm so offended blah blah]).

Now the claims may be debated. For instance, I am going to start the ball rolling by saying my Tesla was the first one in Euroa on the 28th March 2016 (as shown by the attached photo - the only photo I have of my Tesla with the licence plate showing thanks to that silly game I was playing with Colin ...). Now clearly I wasn't the first, but I will make the claim and be recorded as the first Tesla owner there until someone proves otherwise.

Already, I can hear all your hearts beating faster as you scramble to see what places you can claim first!

But one last condition - this register will only be open to Australian and yes, alright, okay, New Zealand places only.

Tell me what you think?? IMG_6847.JPG

2. TesAus

TesAus Member

Sounds like the start of something fun.

Might be worth including "Australia and NZ" in the thread title otherwise overseas forum members that see it pop up in "new threads" might just post without reading the conditions?

3. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Good idea... I had to check the sub-forum for that...

I suspect that things between Perth and Adelaide is dominated by @MDK

4. alpal

alpal Member

Good idea - but - how do you rename a thread?

PS My next road trip will be Melb->Perth so maybe MDK might have some competition.

5. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

Tweet or post from your trip and I'll follow from California. ⚡️

6. TesAus

TesAus Member

Mellocom as a moderator can fix that up I believe?

7. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

Great idea Alpal.....now to participate I need to solve problems one and two, one, I need a Model S, and two, I need to visit some interesting places!!

8. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators note:
    Thread renamed as requested.

9. AndrewNSW

AndrewNSW Member

Here's one to get the ball rolling. Not the most famous world location but a very picturesque country pub and they do serve good pints of beer at 11.20am.... The Red Lion Tavern in Glencoe on April 16 2016 at 11.15am.

Attached Files:

10. alpal

alpal Member

Thank you meloccom.

AndrewNSW - done and well done! Not only a wonderful shot, but that red car - wow - such a superb colour.

So location 2 - The Red Lion Tavern in Glencoe 16/4/16 - filled.

Come on - keep 'em coming!

11. raynewman

raynewman Member

Learning how to calculate range properly.
    IMG_3707.JPG

12. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

2015-01-03 18.27.09.jpg First picture in front of the Sydney Harbour Bridge taken January 3, 2015 before I got the personalised plates.

Attached Files:

13. alpal

alpal Member

@raynewman - I'm not sure where you are claiming? "Lost" perhaps. Or maybe, "miles from nowhere". I'll need a date too, okay?

@meloccom - snap! Sydney Harbour Bridge 3/1/2015 - all yours(so far)! Nice shot.

14. raynewman

raynewman Member

2 April 2015 - Claiming 'ran out (or nearly) while still trying to understand battery range'.

15. NovoCasGreeny

NovoCasGreeny Member

That was actually you Ray? You seem like you have it nailed now and have every cable under the sun?

16. raynewman

raynewman Member

Ya - back then I didn't even have a UMC as Tesla hadn't made them available.
    Problem was; I did calc then proceeded to drive much further then wondered why I was low on charge.

17. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

image.jpeg
    First Tesla Model S ever photographed in Queensland (or in Queensland for that matter). 15/12/14. (And the one behind, that's the second)

18. alpal

alpal Member

Hi LGGD and nice to see you join this thread. I've enjoyed yours for a while now.

Nice photo but I need id's to ensure validity of claim (;)).

Thanks to the game I was playing with you and Colin trying to avoid being spotted by standing in front of my licence plates, all my photos from our first road trip are excluded. However, we are about to start another this week and live in hope I may make a few claims from that. (Hoping to claim Kangaroo Island!, maybe the giant lobster etc) Dam! I've given away my master plan!

19. alpal

alpal Member

Okay raynewman - 2 April 2015 - Claiming 'ran out (or nearly) while still trying to understand battery range'. Not a place but a situation - that's okay.

Good memories hey?

20. Dylanpete

Dylanpete Member

Millaa Millaa Water Falls - Atherthon Tablelands
    Millaa Millaa Falls - Atherton Tablelands.jpg