Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Australian-made Seat Covers for Model 3 - Neoprene

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now own the first (??) Australian made seat covers for a Model 3. I got SuperTrim in Dandenong, VIC to make them for me.

Details:
- 2.5mm Neoprene (mine are all black, but they have options for stitching colour, embroidery, and some textured/embossed materials)
- Air-bag safe
- Stitching matched to original seats
- Clever design which uses very few straps (velcro) and some fat bits that wedge into gaps
- No fabric on undersides, so the Neoprene grips really well to the seats.
- Front covers tuck into the plastic back shell and base trim pieces. Fitment is excellent in my opinion, and looks super neat. Almost looks OEM I think.
- Rear covers are not as good as the front, but still quite good IMO. Centre arm rest and head rest are not covered when you put the arm rest down.
- $$$ to be confirmed.
- Call to order, because they're not their website yet

One of their employees has a Model 3, so they used his car as a template. This was their first time making them, so they basically just made up a price for me. I don't know what the retail price will be, but I expect WELL under AUD1000. Probably under $800 for a full set, but I'm just speculating.

As of writing this post, I've had them for 6 days, including a ~1000km weekend trip. These photos were taken mid-trip. I'm very happy with them. They don't shift around or bunch up. They're smooth and feel nice. Work fine with the seat heaters. They don't breath as well as the crappy old cotton ones I had from Coverking in the US, but they are better than the horrible vegan leather seat material.

Anyway I just wanted to share, since I know people are after seat covers. My main motivation for getting them was that I hate the vegan leather, but there haven't been any neat fitting seat covers available other than imported PU leather ones.

Attachments

• 2021-05-02 08.59.23.jpg
    2021-05-02 08.59.23.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 532
  • 2021-05-02 08.59.29.jpg
    2021-05-02 08.59.29.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 373
  • 2021-05-02 08.59.41.jpg
    2021-05-02 08.59.41.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 382
  • 2021-05-02 08.59.45.jpg
    2021-05-02 08.59.45.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 357
  • 2021-05-02 08.59.55.jpg
    2021-05-02 08.59.55.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 362
  • 2021-05-02 09.00.02.jpg
    2021-05-02 09.00.02.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 390
I am in US and I have neoprene seat covers from Wet Okole, but great knowing that a local store in Victoria make them too.
And yes, I would recommend also using neoprene as seat cover,
This fabric adds some softness and also is not hot in the summer or cold in the winter like the (vegan) leather.

Note: The only change I requested was not having the opening for the latches to fold the rear seats (see on top of the picture #5, above)
because many cars get their rear triangular window broken to access the rear seat latches to check the trunk content.
When covered, the latches are not noticeable, but still easy to operate.

Last edited:
I now own the first (??) Australian made seat covers for a Model 3. I got SuperTrim in Dandenong, VIC to make them for me.

Details:
- 2.5mm Neoprene (mine are all black, but they have options for stitching colour, embroidery, and some textured/embossed materials)
- Air-bag safe
- Stitching matched to original seats
- Clever design which uses very few straps (velcro) and some fat bits that wedge into gaps
- No fabric on undersides, so the Neoprene grips really well to the seats.
- Front covers tuck into the plastic back shell and base trim pieces. Fitment is excellent in my opinion, and looks super neat. Almost looks OEM I think.
- Rear covers are not as good as the front, but still quite good IMO. Centre arm rest and head rest are not covered when you put the arm rest down.
- $$$ to be confirmed.
- Call to order, because they're not their website yet

One of their employees has a Model 3, so they used his car as a template. This was their first time making them, so they basically just made up a price for me. I don't know what the retail price will be, but I expect WELL under AUD1000. Probably under $800 for a full set, but I'm just speculating.

As of writing this post, I've had them for 6 days, including a ~1000km weekend trip. These photos were taken mid-trip. I'm very happy with them. They don't shift around or bunch up. They're smooth and feel nice. Work fine with the seat heaters. They don't breath as well as the crappy old cotton ones I had from Coverking in the US, but they are better than the horrible vegan leather seat material.

Anyway I just wanted to share, since I know people are after seat covers. My main motivation for getting them was that I hate the vegan leather, but there haven't been any neat fitting seat covers available other than imported PU leather ones.
Are these suitable for putting on for a beach weekend, and then taking off? Quick and easy? Or do you have to take bits off and unplug/rep lug bits?

Are these suitable for putting on for a beach weekend, and then taking off? Quick and easy? Or do you have to take bits off and unplug/rep lug bits?
I wouldn't. For that I'd probably get some of those seat hoodie type things that kind of just drape over your seats. These seat covers have velcro straps that need to pass under the seats, which is probably a bit too much hassle for just a weekend trip.