TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

First Blood! Detailing my Model S

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by William13, Nov 30, 2013.

1. William13

William13 Member

Today while cleaning salt and dirt off by happy place (Model S), my thumb nail was caught and partially torn off. I super glued it back together after a painful cleaning.

Anyone else have a blood, sweat, and tears story? Sorry that I am not a great story teller but many here are.

2. AC1K

AC1K Member

i don't think i've ever been cut or hurt from detailing a car other than sore muscles.

curious though, where did your nail get caught? there are no small enough gaps that i know of

3. Stoneymonster

Stoneymonster Active Member

You should file a complaint with the NHTSA.

:cool:

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

you super-glued your thumb nail back together? who does that?? how many paint chips did you eat when you were a kid??

a real man would have ripped the rest of it off. the blood will stop eventually. it's hardly even a flesh wound.

:p

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Ouch! LOL

6. William13

William13 Member

I jammed it somewhere on the grill.

I am very proud of my manicure, was very proud. ;(

No other stories? I know that I am a delicate hot house flower as my wife reminds me but surely others have been injured cleaning their Model S!

7. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

Actually, I read that in horror... have you ever gotten super glue on a cut? It STINGS like mad! Ripping the rest off would have been less painful.

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

They use super glue (cyanoacrylate) all the time in ERs to do minor laceration repair ... :)