Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First boatload of M3 to Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's allways Big Brother offcourse... (and good research ;))

49686291_10216420459557530_7914353424798318592_o.jpg

Yesterday electrek reported a massive amount of M3 at the port of San Francisco ready to board an overseas vessel. Glovis Captain, a huge automotive transport vessel was right at the accordingly dock.

Massive Tesla Model 3 shipment spotted ahead of first oversea deliveries

This vessel is now sailing towards PABLB (Panama). Would say the likelihood of M3 being on board is over 80%. In other words... THEY ARE COMING! Next stop in Balboa on 1/21/2019.

Below the link to follow the vessel on its journey.

GLOVIS CAPTAIN, Vehicles Carrier - Schiffsdaten und aktuelle Position - IMO 9707015 MMSI 538006167 - VesselFinder

What is the typical wait and delay to cross Panama Canal?
Depends on ship type and other traffic. I was an engineer on a ship that shorted the mules out in three locks so we were held in Gatun Lake for three days while negotiations pended for letting us exit the Pacific locks. But we only fooled around for about 24 hours waiting for our pilot initially.

Would be interesting to see whether Tesla continues staging more cars at Pier 80.

PS: another vehicles carrier is approaching SF port and is scheduled to arrive on 1/16 at 2pm. Vessel is called Glovis Cosmos. Might be #2 heading towards Europe/Asia.
Teslarati had an article yesterday talking about shipments overseas with March deliveries and the SRs going into production at the end of the year. I don’t have the link.

Glovis Captain is supposed to arrive at Panama today. More than curious to see what the next port of call is going to be. Exciting!

Zeebrugge. ETA: 2am on the 3rd of February.
Do we have any idea of how long the wait between a ship arriving and delivery is (let's say in central europe: Benelux, Germany, France etc)?

Edit: Found this post in the Model S forum suggesting he got his car 14 days after the ship arrived (in NL), so there might be hope to get mine in Germany before the end of February.

Last edited: