TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

First CPO visit - advice? Any specific update or replacements?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by peakay, Feb 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. peakay

peakay Member

Hey there,

We bought a pre-owned 2012 Model S and have an appt to take it in next week for service. I don't know the exact history on this car, but understand that door handles, drive units and batteries were commonly replaced on these things. Also, a neighbor who has one showed me the rear inner taillight lenses were updated and tesla will replace them, which is nice as ours are collecting water/moisture.

Are there any other specific issues/updates I should ask to be checked or replaced while I am taking it in? i want to ge the most out of this visit.

thanks!

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

You might ask if you have the latest revision on the door handles. At some point Tesla revised them to a more robust design than the original ones (although I think the new ones still can fail, just less often).

• Like x 1
  3. peakay

peakay Member

So if I have the old ones, will they update them or do they have to fail first? thx!

4. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I don't know - probably depends on your service center. Never hurts to ask