Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Customer Delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet they’re waiting on the final Public-facing version of the software to get the green light to open the delivery floodgates. Gotta get the last couple of bugs worked out and expected features added before throwing their baby out to the wolves! Maybe it will even show up with Auto-wipers!

I bet they’re waiting on the final Public-facing version of the software to get the green light to open the delivery floodgates. Gotta get the last couple of bugs worked out and expected features added before throwing their baby out to the wolves! Maybe it will even show up with Auto-wipers!

Owners started getting them several days ago. We mere mortals continue to wait.

I wonder how it fits together:
On the one hand there were hundreds of M3 spotted at delivery centers more than one week ago and recently some suppliers talk about increasing parts numbers to really high levels.
On the other hand there are (almost?) no non-employee deliveries happening.
Anyone with a good explanation for this?

On the one hand there were hundreds of M3 spotted at delivery centers more than one week ago and recently some suppliers talk about increasing parts numbers to really high levels.
Why wouldn't it fit together?
1) M3s at delivery centers are predominantly for employees
2) Non employees will get their M3s when employees are done
3) Ramp up will be later in Q1 since parts will still have to be shipped

Im guessing that it’s a software issue where finalized customer UI software needs to be installed. An owner (employee relative, no NDA) told me that the software, until recently, didn’t even have the FM radio UI.

Last edited:
Reactions: preilly44
Was at highland park SC last weekend and one of they guys said there are 5 m3 in greater Chicagoland and all are employee owned. Think he said q1 at some point they expect one for test drives....and I'll get a call. I'm waiting for dual motor and my wife's lease to expire so not stressing about timing.

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove