Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Day observations (CPO Model S)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my 2013 CPO Model S a few hours ago, and I've only driven it home from the SC. It's a 60kwh, Blue Metallic (the old dark blue), with Tech, Pano, and rear-facing seats. A few observations and questions:

1. Delivered today, still running firmware v7.x. So I'll be on the lookout for an update to v8.
  2. I was told that during the CPO inspection, they decided to repaint both bumpers. So while they are immaculately clean, the hood has a bunch of small paint chips. Slight disappointment, although they mentioned at delivery that the condition was priced into the sale price, and it was a pretty good deal.
  3. The accelerator pedal (gotta stop saying "gas pedal") is quite firm. The brake pedal, on the other hand, is fairly mushy. Will take some getting used to. I also want to test out the "Hold" function.
  4. Only twice did I accidentally hit the old cruise control stalk (mounted high) when I meant to hit a turn signal. Also something I'm sure I'll get accustomed to.
  5. Perk of the older RWD model: the frunk is YUGE.
  6. I have two kids, and I'm sure there will soon be a day where they want to bring friends home (unplanned), and I'll be stuck with no place to put the cargo cover and the 3rd row storage cover. For now, I want to keep both in the car but I'm sure this will happen. (I should check if both fit in the deep frunk.) By the way, the kids have no idea that I was buying the Tesla, and they're going to flip in about 3 hours when I go pick them up from after-school.
  7. I cannot get the iOS app to work at all. It seems to have accepted my login info, but I just get a blank screen with the spinning circle around the T logo... after quitting the app, deleting the app, reinstalling the app, quitting all the other apps that are running... still no dice. (FWIW, I'm using an old iPhone 5 temporarily after my iPhone 6 took an accidental swim a few weeks ago.)
  8. Every morning for the next few weeks, I'm pretty sure I'm going to wake up and wonder if I dreamt the whole thing, til I look out the window and see it waiting for me in the driveway.

Reactions: andrewschuyler
I picked up my 2013 CPO Model S a few hours ago, and I've only driven it home from the SC. It's a 60kwh, Blue Metallic (the old dark blue), with Tech, Pano, and rear-facing seats. A few observations and questions:
  1. I cannot get the iOS app to work at all. It seems to have accepted my login info, but I just get a blank screen with the spinning circle around the T logo... after quitting the app, deleting the app, reinstalling the app, quitting all the other apps that are running... still no dice. (FWIW, I'm using an old iPhone 5 temporarily after my iPhone 6 took an accidental swim a few weeks ago.)

Give it 24 hours to see if it works, and then if it doesn't try uninstalling / reinstalling. Mine didn't work when I took delivery, but was available within a day.