Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Day of Spring in a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ModelS-SnowSM.jpg

Too bad you don't live in Phoenix! Also, your signature says 21" wheels but I see 19"?? Did you order both and use 19" in winter?

This is unusual, even for Vermont. Last year it was 75F on this same day. Yes, I did order both sets of wheels, although I didn't think I'd be using the 19" wheels until next fall. My car arrived on March 9. I changed the wheels in my own garage on Monday due to the cold temps. My 21" tires are the Michelin PS2's, and they're not supposed to be driven on in temps below 40F (or stored at temps below 20F). I'm running Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D tires on the 19" wheels, a very nice high performance snow tire.

Cool photo. Added to the album right here, if OK with you.

Absolutely! Glad to be an album contributor. I'm hoping to get my car into a commercial photo studio soon. (There's one big enough to handle it here in Burlington.) I want to see if we can make that pearl paint pop!

- - - Updated - - -

Todd I was in Burlington last Friday and saw nothing but green grass.

You missed it by two days!

- - - Updated - - -

Todd, great pic. Treated my Model S to a new winshield and a nice Massachusetts drive tis first day of spring...

Bummer. Was that a stress crack or a stone?

nice photo.

now put some 21's on that thang, mang! a P85 in 19's is like Lebron James trying to play in penny-loafers.

I know, I know. It was definitely counter-intuitive to take off the 21's. These Dunlops are not bad, but the car certainly doesn't feel as crisp as it does on the 21" Michelin PS2's. I'll make the switch over again, as soon as the low temps are out of the 30's.