Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Day Owner Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my Model S with version 2018.10.6 b532133 today. Had a couple of questions:

• The odometer still reads 50 and doesn't count up, I assume it will once it really hits 50?
  • The PSI on the tires is showing -- for all tires.
  • The WIFI is haven't trouble connecting, thought maybe that was fixed in 2018.10.6, could be my signal?
  • Where do you store the cable? Do you disconnect it every day and put it in the car? Leave it connected to your wall? How does it deal with being outside?

Congratulations. There's nothing wrong with that!

• The WIFI is haven't trouble connecting, thought maybe that was fixed in 2018.10.6, could be my signal?
Could be. You might want to get a wi-fi extender to where you park.

• Where do you store the cable? Do you disconnect it every day and put it in the car? Leave it connected to your wall? How does it deal with being outside?

If you have only one, then I would keep it in the car unless when charging.

It's rated for outdoor so it should be fine.

Reactions: base698
Picked up my Model S with version 2018.10.6 b532133 today. Had a couple of questions:

• The odometer still reads 50 and doesn't count up, I assume it will once it really hits 50?
Odometer makes NO sense. It’s really not changing? I’ve seen 50 on forms but not on cars. Mine came with a low number and constantly changed.

Tires usually only work when in motion (the pressure sensors :D).

Perhaps you need a MCU reboot for both these issues; usual hold down both scroll wheels.

Hm, saw you did reboot. Drive some more now that you’ve rebooted and check the tires and odometer. :D

Last edited:
My paperwork said 50 miles but in actuality I only had 10 miles on it. Regarding the UMC. I leave mine plugged in at home with the Tesla cable organizer. I was actually worried about wear on the outlet and plug connecting and disconnecting it every couple of days. I still carry around the J1772 and NEMA 5-15 adapter in the car though.

The WIFI is haven't trouble connecting, thought maybe that was fixed in 2018.10.6, could be my signal?

Congratulations on your new car. I have found that Tesla's Wi-Fi is easily disrupted by certain devices in the home. It's also possible that Tesla used an insufficient Wi-Fi antenna in their cars - I never get strong signal despite my wireless router being relatively close. There are threads on the forum that go into detail on this topic.

One of those threads speaks to the Wink home automation platform and how it interferes with Tesla's Wi-Fi, often disconnecting the car.