Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First delivery scheduled ! (TeslaMotors blog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
June 22nd, and there will be live webcasting :)
New blog or video every tuesday from now on.
Some Model S updates:
- Adjustable regen(erative) braking
- Adjustable Resistance Steering Wheel
- Personalize your Suspension
- Range Testing

The countdown is on... It's time to deliver Model S! | Blog | Tesla Motors

Man I can't wait ! But this time, with all the news they gonna give, patience will not be bitter. :)

Last edited:
So who will get the first car? Will it be Jurvi or Elon? Will they be delivering Signature cars or will it be a rumored Founders' series?
I'm guessing Jurvi (don't know who that is though) since I know Elon has said before he wasn't #1. Effectively though, other than lowest VIN, the first few are all getting it at once since the press release says:
"Several customers will receive their cars that day at an invitation-only event at the Tesla Factory in Fremont, California."

So who will get the first car? Will it be Jurvi or Elon? Will they be delivering Signature cars or will it be a rumored Founders' series?

From Crazy for Teslas | The Columbus Dispatch

"The policy was that only after the car was officially on sale and the price had been set could anybody reserve a Model S," Jurvetson said this week, recalling that board meeting in early 2009. "They were about to open the meeting, so without saying a word I whip out my wallet, where I always keep one check, fill it out for the full price of the car, and then toss it across the table. Everyone was stunned."

Especially Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the guy across the table.

"Elon looked surprised," Jurvetson said. "Then he said, 'Well, I guess you get the first car.'"

Elon could be #0.

It wouldn't be much of an event if Elon turns around and hands the keys to himself. It's a much more "event" feel if Elon hands the first Model S key to someone else (Jurvetson) and that person drives away. Though I wouldn't doubt that Elon gets his in the first couple days. Or then again he might already have a Beta model that he's "testing."

Although I assume it will be Founders, would be cool if Founders already got theirs and this will be an event for the first REAL customers (likely SSL people).

I don't know. I'm on the other side. It wouldn't exactly be very ceremonious if they simply let the founders get theirs on that event. I feel as if they wouldn't have used the word "customer" if they simply meant founders. Perhaps they've contacted the first dozen or so SSL reservation holders and will have a few of them at the event to receive their Model S. We already know some actual customers will get their Model S in June, so why hold an event if you're not going to include actual customers? Care to place a wager? ;)