Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First delivery scheduled ! (TeslaMotors blog)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Care to place a wager? ;)

Oh no sir, I'm saving my money for a pair of spare wheels ;) Makes sense though, and I hope it happens the way you describe.

I am hearing (or maybe wishing :) that all Sig reservation holders will get the invite with the Top 10 (in CA and not Tesla employees or family members) receiving their vehicles on the spot.

That would indeed be cool. Can't see my wife wanting to fly out there for that, but I'll watch the (hopefully less-spotty) web stream :)

Interesting that he was a consultant with Bain & Company and worked together with Meg Whitman and Mitt Romney. Not exactly the political profile you'd expect of someone taking delivery of the first Model S!

I think it's fair to assume that Bain was a fairly non-political place in those days, and it wasn't a hotbed of conservatism (at least by the modern US definition). In fact, if you read biographies of Romney people basically assumed that he was a moderate Democrat before he got into politics and were mildly surprised when he ran as a Republican (albeit a pro-choice, pro-gay rights moderate in Massachusetts). I assume the same is true of Meg.

Oh no sir, I'm saving my money for a pair of spare wheels ;) Makes sense though, and I hope it happens the way you describe.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd take that bet either. I guess we don't know for sure if non-founders will be getting their Model S in June. Elon essentially said it'd be in the 10's of cars in June.

I just hope they don't give only founders cars in June to buy them time to finish up last minute fixes for the true customer vehicles to be delivered a full month later, all while claiming that they delivered ahead of schedule. I don't think they'd pull a stunt like that, but just throwing it out there.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd take that bet either. I guess we don't know for sure if non-founders will be getting their Model S in June. Elon essentially said it'd be in the 10's of cars in June.

I just hope they don't give only founders cars in June to buy them time to finish up last minute fixes for the true customer vehicles to be delivered a full month later, all while claiming that they delivered ahead of schedule. I don't think they'd pull a stunt like that, but just throwing it out there.

Hope not either. I'd assume that right now most of the core stuff is ironed out and that right now it's a lot of t crossing and i dotting in logistical things. Basically sweeping the floor and polishing the silverware before the guests arrive.

Not sure if this was already mentioned somewhere:

Clicking on the new photo on the main Tesla page gets you to a page with the factory floor group photo, and...

... Tesla's count down:

TeslaCountDown.png

Midnight!

Elon's blog said that "Several customers will receive their cars that day." I gotta think that Tesla will deliver more than "Founder's Series" since "founders" are more major shareholders/owners than real customers.

Could be argued that many founders "paid" a lot more for the cars than anyone else. Ultimate customers.