Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First Ding. Ugh. Worth Fixing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ADBCF035-958B-4D9C-B253-BBC66D9D725C.jpeg
Got a car wash today and noticed a ding with some curb rash. I know it wasn’t me since I think I managed to scrape all four rims in my first month and know that’s noticeable. I also know the dent would have been felt. Blaming the valet from last Thursday. Anyway, worth fixing? There’s no scuff, scratch or paint creasing.

Reactions: whatthe2
That's pretty bad IMO. Unfortunately you drove off from the valet without bringing it to his attention, so you can't pass the repair off to him. I'd at least get an estimate of what it would cost to repair, and most likely get it done - it's a new car, right? If it was an 8 year old toyota I might be inclined to ignore it, but not my new tesla.

"Is it work fixing?" is completely a personal preference thing. If that were me, I'd either ignore it, or if it did become bothersome just do a DIY job with the Tesla paint repair kit. Many others might go to great lengths to make the blemish on their new car disappear. Do what your schedule and wallet allows for I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's pretty bad IMO. Unfortunately you drove off from the valet without bringing it to his attention, so you can't pass the repair off to him. I'd at least get an estimate of what it would cost to repair, and most likely get it done - it's a new car, right? If it was an 8 year old toyota I might be inclined to ignore it, but not my new tesla.
Ya I didn’t notice it till later. I think I’ll get an estimate and see what the cost will be. It’s noticeable to me cause I know it’s there. I had three people do a walk around asking them to spot it none did.

The black is just remnant dirt cause it was a crappy car wash.

Looks like it might clean up pretty well with just some polishing compound. Maybe enough that you can live with it.

Paint repairs always carry the risk that the repair might be as noticible as the original ding.

Worth talking to a paintless repair guy.